Title: 12 Month Part-Time Finance and Admin Assistant
Company Name: Citizen Advocacy
Job Location: Australia, Western Australia, Perth, Northern Suburbs & Joondalup, osbornepark
Employment Status: Part Time
Citizen Advocacy Perth West are seeking a part-time Finance and Administration Assistant to cover a 12 month maternity leave period. Days and hours required are:
15 hours per week
5 hours per day – Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
Benefits of the role include: salary sacrifice, free parking, ongoing training opportunities and a supportive team environment.
The Finance and Administration Assistant is responsible for helping maintain Citizen Advocacy Perth West’s finance, database, IT and reporting requirements effectively. They work alongside the accounts team, reporting into the Team Leader / Senior Coordinator.
Finances & Reporting
- Calculate wages, superannuation and leave entitlements, updating accounting records and providing payslips and payroll details to ATO.
- Control payment of purchase invoices obtaining secondary authorisation as needed.
- Control all income including DSS income and any grants/donations and update accounting records.
- Prepare, lodge and pay GST/PAYE and update accounting records.
- Reconcile office debit cards.
- Complete census reporting and export data from internal database in line with DSS requirements.
- Provide financial statements to Charitable Collections and notify of changes of officeholders as necessary.
- Working alongside the Finance Administrator and coordination team to produce the bi-annual report for DEX, raising any training needs as identified or required.
IT & Database Coordination
- Liaise with IT Company, telecom and internet companies to ensure that Citizen Advocacy Perth West’s requirements are met.
- Ensure that all software and anti-virus protection is up to date and assist staff with IT issues, referring to IT company as necessary.
- Ensure that standing data on database is updated as necessary.
- Run regular database reports and provide ad hoc database reports on request.
- Assist with the audit of and the export of data from internal database in line with DSS requirements.
- Update all forms in line with government auditing requirements and other publications as necessary
- Monitor stationary supplies and reorder as required.
- Ensure timesheet book is maintained correctly and with an adequate supply of timesheets.
- Ensure that all office policies and procedures are kept up to date and accurate.
- Contribute to content for regular newsletter as required.
- Deal with all enquiries and referring to other organisations as necessary.
- Complete training spreadsheet with details of training attended.
- Provide cover for Reception as needed
- Ad-hoc duties as required.
- Good administrative, organisational and time management skills.
- Ability and willingness to interact with a wide variety of people including those with disability.
- Bookkeeping skills – ability to handle finances for a small organisation.
- Experience in using Xero accounting software and digital timesheet apps.
- Ability to prepare reports required for the Board and funding body.
- Knowledge of DSS (Department of Social Services) reporting requirements.
- Previous experience of using Microsoft Office 365.
- Previous experience of using web-based databases to extract and record information.
Please apply with an up to date resume and a covering letter addressing how you meet all the skills required.
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?Do you have experience using Xero?