Title: Accountant | Business Advisory
Company Name: The Practice Pty Ltd
Job Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs, parkville
Employment Status: Full Time
Do you go with the flow?... Or do you initiate it?
You’re not your average accountant. We’re not your normal accounting firm.
The Practice is a Business Advisory and Personal Wealth Advisory firm offering forward-thinking solutions to an exciting and diverse range of clients across all industry sectors. We like to do things differently. Our energetic team is intensely client-focused, and we take pride in what we do. Our common goal is liberating people’s lifestyles.
We are seeking a proactive and highly motivated Accountant in our Business Advisory team. You have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the profession and have completed or are working towards completing your CPA or CA. You are a team player with a positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills. You’re self-motivated and embrace technology.
This challenging role encompasses accounting, financial reporting and management accounting. If you have a proven ability to deliver great results, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills in a dynamic environment with professional development and career progression assured.
Core Responsibilities Include:
• Preparation of Annual Financial Statements;
• Preparation of Annual Tax Returns;
• Bank Reconciliations;
• Processing Payroll;
• Preparation of monthly management reports/financial statements;
• Preparation and Lodgement of BAS/IAS, Payroll Tax and PAYG Summaries;
• Client correspondence and enquiries;
• Attending client meetings with Directors;
• Working with complex client structures;
• Dealing with clients with an annual turnover of up to $50m
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
• Successful completion of your CPA or CA or currently working towards completing.
• Demonstrable ability to work proactively and cohesively in a team.
• Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to positively liaise with clients, team members and external providers.
• Strong attention to detail, organisational skills, and responsiveness.
• Maintaining a commitment to ongoing personal and professional development.
• Proven proficiency using Xero is desirable.
If this is the challenge & opportunity you have been waiting for, please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter detailing your suitability for the role.
Salary will be negotiable based on experience.
All applications will be treated with strict confidence.
The Practice is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.