Title: Accountant - Business Services
Company Name: Cascade Consulting Services
Job Location: Australia, Queensland, Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs, wishart
Employment Status: Full Time
Are you looking for a change?
Young or old if you love accounting, we’ll know! We are looking for someone who loves excel, who loves to review the financials and explain what they mean and how the business could run better.
Essentially, we are looking at a full-time position but will consider 24-30 hours a week role for the right person.
At Cascade Accounting & Tax we have an opportunity for an accounting professional to join our small team.
- Your attention to the detail means our clients receive the best service they can
- You love Excel and the sense of completion when the numbers balance.
- We offer flexibility and support around work related study
- We are suburban southside – so no parking hassles
- Open to leave in most school holiday periods except July
- Paperless operation, which means remote working facilities available after first 6 months in our team
- Generous bonus system which rewards great performance
- Give time off for study commitments without any fuss
If you’re seeking a team like this:
- We love accounting, and supporting clients
- We’re organised and strong time managers
- We focus on being productive, and delivering client work to them in a timely manner
- With a can-do Attitude
- We love to improve both our technical accounting skills and our use of technology
- Clients often compliment our attention to detail
- We work hard on continuously improving our procedures
- We’re an Office365 environment
- Confidentiality is paramount
- Your base salary is attractive – commensurate to your experience
- We operate a generous bonus scheme that rewards you directly for the hard work you put in
- We are happy to mentor you towards obtaining your IPA membership and Tax Agent's licence
If you have these attributes, we would like you to apply for this exciting employment opportunity with Cascade Accounting & Tax.
Cascade Accounting & Tax – Who are we?
Cascade Consulting Services Pty Ltd trading as Cascade Accounting & Tax (Cascade) provides services to the business community In Queensland and beyond since 1997 including:
- Accountancy & Tax Agent Services
- Bookkeeping & BAS preparation Services
- Legal trust accounting services
- Supply of Practice Management Software to Legal sector.
- Supply of business system services and advice to businesses in the wider community.
- Business Coaching Services;
- Our Accounting Practising Certificate is held with the Institute of Public Accountants
Essential Technical Skills
As an accounting firm with well-established and clearly documented procedures we are looking for people to follow our established systems so all staff are producing a similar high-quality product that will add value to our clients’ businesses. Internally the software we uses includes (but not limited to) QuickBooks Online, Xero and LodgeIT. We also help clients on many other platforms and speciality products.
Essential skills and attributes include:
- Formal Accounting Training
- Passion for accounting
- A solid understanding of accounting principles and practice;
- Passion for learning new things
- Comfortable to talk with clients
- Rock Solid understanding of debits, credits and Australian GST rules.
- Ability and Willingness to follow our well-documented procedures
- Comfortable to work in an on-screen environment – we have very little paper filing
- Team focussed
- Able to work under pressure
How to get our attention
To apply for this rewarding opportunity, submit your application to [email protected] [link removed].
Within 24 hours of applying, we will send you some short personality tests and some quick accounting questions before inviting you to an interview.
To apply for this rewarding opportunity, you need to include:
a) Current Resume
b) Results of any study undertaken in last 5 years
c) A covering letter that tells me about:
- When you realised you had a passion for accounting and how that happened;
- An example of how your attitude toward technology has added value to a work/study situation
- An example of Your skills to manage assigned tasks and meet deadlines;
- The best thing you have done in each Word & Excel and how you added value to the project this task was part of;
- Your favourite subject you have studied and what you liked about it;
- An example of your can-do attitude solving a problem
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?How many years' experience do you have as a business services accountant?How many years' experience do you have in tax law?How many years of accounting experience do you have?