Title: Accountant - Capital Projects
Company Name: Intelligent Recruitment
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney,
Employment Status: Contract/Temp
Rare opportunity to join a newly formed PMO Office for a sought-after organisation in an excellent career role and be a valued for your input.
- One off opportunity and excellent career role for your resume
- Be valued for your expertise and join a friendly, professional team
- 2-year contract with probable ongoing
Our client is a world-renowned organisation undertaking exceedingly interesting and unique work providing real world benefits that positively impact society, communities and individuals.
The organisation is similar to a large university campus (ca. 100 buildings) undertaking extremely interesting industrial projects.
The organisation boasts long term employees and provides a great working environment and culture with excellent career progression opportunities. The environment is professional, friendly and supportive; benefits include real work life balance with flexible conditions.
A new PMO Office is being formed is to ensure strategic governance and the monitoring of capital projects.
Your New Role:
As a member of the Capital Project Management Office, you will manage financial accounting and reporting in regard to capital and decommissioning projects.
- Maintain accurate tax asset register
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensure that the asset register is always up to date and accurately reflects the current property, equipment and spare parts details
- Reconcile assets under construction as per the SAP Portfolio Planning Management register
- Provide support to business units in developing accurate and complete capital budgets and/or forecasts
- Perform monthly review of forecasted fixed/intangible asset and decommissioning expenditure
- Participate in internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- On all capital investment cases sign off that the accounting treatment is correct and follows company policies and procedures.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Liaise with stakeholders, asset owners and third party organisation as needed
- Attend committee meetings to offer technical accounting advice
- Degree qualification
- Demonstrated and relevant experience in a similar position
- Sound understanding of and application of accounting standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, SAP, Docushare or similar document management system
- CA / CPA qualification would be considered favourably
- Excellent problem-solving skills and high attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to work proactively without supervision
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
APPLY NOW! These roles don't come along very often. Please send your details in MS Word format.