Company Name: COLAS Australia Pty Ltd
Job Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, Western Suburbs, lavertonnorth
Employment Status: Full Time
VSA Roads is a leading entity, constituted by four of Victoria’s & South Australia’s most trusted independent bitumen and asphalt surfacing businesses; PRIMAL, INROADS, CENTRE STATE ASPHALTING, TOPCOAT and our quarry, WESTERN QUARRIES.
Our bitumen and asphalt surfacing companies have grown into one of the largest road surfacing companies in Victoria & South Australia, with a proven track record of specialty work throughout Victoria, NSW and South Australia.
VSA are currently seeking an enthusiastic and results driven Accountant to support our business and ensure the company targets are achieved.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Producing and analysing month end financial accounts and liaising with the company's auditors
- Producing annual budgets, quarterly management accounts and ad-hoc reports as required
- Monitoring all company expenditure and where appropriate making recommendations to individuals and teams responsible for budgets
- Maintaining the General Ledger, setting up new accounts and cost centres when required, ensuring reconciliation of control accounts, ensuring correct allocation of expenditure to cost centres, profit and loss
- Responsible for prompt raising of sales invoices for customers, processing of receipts and all aspects of credit control
- Managing of all company bank accounts, bank reconciliation, Debtors, Creditors, General ledger journals
- Responsible for the completion of BAS returns and providing advice on compliance with BAS regulations as necessary
- Assist with flow of payroll information to Payroll department
- Any other activities related to the financial and operational management of the area
Required skills and experience:
To be successful in this role, you will have a proven background in Accounting, preferably in an operation of significant size for a minimum of 3 years. Other requirements include:
- Accounting qualification
- Previous experience within the construction industry – highly regarded
- Strong knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, payroll and cost control principles
- Knowledge of Accounting Standards Statutory reporting
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail along with a high level of accuracy
- Effective time management
- Excellent communication skills and a “can do” attitude
- Advanced excel skills & familiarity with ERP systems
- Valid driver’s license & reliable transport as there is no public transport close by
In return the successful applicant will be rewarded with a competitive salary package, job satisfaction and the opportunity to work with an organisation focused on safety and genuine employee development.
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, please click apply now!
For more information on VSA Roads, go to: www.vsagroup.com.au
No agencies please.
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?How many years' experience do you have as an accountant?Have you completed a qualification in accounting?What's your expected annual base salary?Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?