Company Name: Mirvac
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs, sydney
Employment Status: Full Time
Mirvac is a leading, diversified Australian property group, with an integrated development and asset management capability. We have more than 40 years of experience in the property industry and an unmatched reputation for delivering superior products and services across our businesses.
We currently have an opportunity for an Accountant to join our Commercial Property team on a Permanent Full-Time basis. This role will assist the Senior Accountant - Commercial and Mixed-Use Development with the financial control function for Commercial and Mixed-Use development function including but not limited to; month end financial reporting procedures and processes, technical accounting, tax related reviews and compliance, new system implementation, BAS, FBT and Group reporting. Drive process and system changes to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in relation to both onshore and offshore finance functions.
Your duties include but not limited to:
Financial Accounting & reporting
- Assist with month end process to ensure integrity of the balance sheet, profit and loss and cashflow
- Collaborate with the Group Finance team to resolve technical accounting issues arising from new initiatives, changes in accounting standards, requests from the business and process improvements.
- Coordinate with our offshore finance team (Manila based) to ensure effective month end reporting
- Review and agree with internal stakeholders monthly eliminations
- Ensure compliance with internal controls such as monthly reconciliation of Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet, solvency memos, project control reports, project and entity setup protocols
- Actively engage in process improvements across Commercial and Mixed-Use Development Finance
- Review weekly cashflow forecasts and ensure timely submission to the Group treasury team
- Prepare variance analysis and other ad-hoc analysis as required by the Stakeholders
- Assist with Development's quarterly forecasting process, from time to time
- Assist with preparation of Joint ventures' interim/annual statutory financial reports for Commercial and Mixed-Use Developments
- Review the periodical variance analysis for submission to Group Finance
- Assist with periodical tax provision and tax returns calculations consistent with Group tax policies
- Assist with the BAS and FBT returns
- Partner with the business to ensure actual project results reflect accurately in cashflows and feasibility
- Liaise with the business on correct project setups, project categories and impact on Feasibilities
- Work closely with the business technology program in the introduction of new reporting platform
To be successful in this position you will bring:
- CA/CPA Qualified
- Audit / offshore engagement background would be highly preferred
- Experience working with or in the Development industry advantageous
- Minimum 3 years experience
- A good exposure to technical accounting issues
- Advanced excel skills essential
- Well developed communication and stakeholder engagement skills (written & verbal).
- Self-motivated and able to time manage and work to deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity at Mirvac please apply with your current resume. For more information on Mirvac please visit our website www.mirvac.com [link removed] or contact Zarita Leung, Recruitment Specialist on 02 8247 1296.