Company Name: Private Advertiser
Job Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs, portmelbourne
Employment Status: Full Time
Salary package circa $ 55,000 – 60,000 + Super
Apex Electrical Contracting Pty Ltd is an industry leader in electrical, data, plant maintenance, testing and tagging, exit and emergency lighting into a single, managed, and cost-effective solution.
We are currently seeking a motivated and experienced accountant to join our team at Port Melbourne, Victoria.
In exchange, we offer a collaborative and energetic team culture that would encourage the development of the incumbent’s skills and knowledge.
About the role
The accountant would be involved in the following duties:
- Working on monthly financial and management action reports, analysis and KPIs for the directors.
- Proactively analyze trends, costs, revenue and financial commitment and obligations.
- Providing support to management in any relevant finance and administration tasks and projects that may be delegated from time to time.
- Designing accounting processes and implementing accounting standards.
- Managing audit processes.
- Producing analysis to assist the management in planning the company’s priorities.
- Updating the company’s internal control system.
- Processing and administering a complex weekly payroll totaling over 100 employees including on costs and entitlements management.
- Payroll Tax, Business Activity Statements and Fridge Benefit Tax returns.
Skills and experience required.
- You must have completed an accounting qualification or tertiary qualification in business administration.
- Excellent communication skills
- You must have experience in processing of progress claims and manage large contracts
- At least 2 years’ experience as an Accountant in the electrical contracting industry is highly regarded.
- Excellent working knowledge of construction industry employee awards / EBA including entitlements such as Protect, Co-Invest, Wage cover, MERT, ACIRT
- Must be excel spreadsheet proficient
- Fundamental understanding of legislation associated with preparation & maintenance of organizational financials including payroll, GST
- Working knowledge of the accounting package Accrivia, and client-based upload systems Coupa, Ariba is essential.
- A high degree of flexibility and willingness to learn and grow.
- Demonstrated understanding of AASB and experience in delivering management reporting solutions in a fast-paced, regulated environment
- Developed interpersonal skills and ability to manage relationship with key stakeholders.
- Right to work in Australia
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply with your CV attached by clicking 'Apply' button.
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?How many years' experience do you have as an accountant?Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?Have you worked in a role which requires experience with financial analysis and modelling?What's your expected annual base salary?