Title: Accounts / Adminstration Assistant
Company Name: McGarry Constructions Pty Limited
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, Southern Suburbs & Sutherland Shire, caringbah
Employment Status: Full Time
Accounts / Administration Assistant
We have an exciting opportunity for a full time Accounts and Administration assistant to join a boutique building company in the Sutherland Shire. This is a full time position for someone who is experienced, motivated, reliable, have the ability to undertake a variety of tasks, and provide direct accounts and administrative support to the accounts manager and director.
Ideally we are looking for someone who is willing to stay long term and can work independently with minimal supervision.
About the company
McGarry Constructions is a Sydney based building company specialising in residential renovations, extensions and a complete design and build service. We offer a high end service with an emphasis on quality workmanship and client satisfaction. We are a growing company and have gathered a highly skilled team of foremen and carpenters, and have established long term relationships with our team of tradespeople, suppliers, designers and architects. Our projects are predominantly in Sydney’s inner west, lower north shore and eastern suburbs, however our administrative office is located in a co-work space in Caringbah, Sutherland Shire.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in an accounts or bookkeeping role, must be competent in managing a set of company accounts
- Experience with Xero preferred
- Full function payroll, however training can be provided for the right applicant
- Excellent knowledge of Office 365 (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Strong attention to detail, must be meticulous and accurate with all tasks
- An ability to think strategically and understand the 'big picture'
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to treat sensitive/ confidential information with appropriate discretion
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Good sense of initiative and willingness to help out wherever possible
- Available for immediate start
- Bookkeeping or Accounting qualifications (Cert IV, Diploma or Degree)
- Experience in the building industry advantageous
Duties and Responsibilities:
Carry out a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and general administrative duties, generally acting as support to the accounts manager and director. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- General bookkeeping, accounts payables and receivables in Xero
- Reconciliation of multiple bank and credit accounts in Xero
- Preparation of weekly detailed project invoices to clients
- Accurate record keeping of invoices and receipts in Xero
- Reconciliation of monthly supplier statements
- Preparation of project budget analysis
- Payroll processing including Award interpretation, depending on experience
- Asset register maintenance, depending on experience
- Assist with the preparation of policies, procedures, manuals, financial reports
- Assist with management of site safety, implementation of relevant site safety procedures and manuals
- Maintain register of subcontractor insurances and workcover
- Project set up and maintenance
- Responsible for the implementation of standardised accounts and office administration systems including filing, archiving and information storage
- Various administration tasks, including sorting and filing emails, filing and data management, and other ad hoc duties as required as assistant to the accounts manager.
In addition to the above, you will be a highly motivated and experienced individual who is able to hit the ground running and learn fast. You will be comfortable working independently and in a co-working environment.
If you consider yourself to be the right person for the role, please apply directly or email a cover letter and CV to [email protected]
Read Before Apply
How many years' experience do you have as an administration officer?How many years of bookkeeping experience do you have?How many years of accounting experience do you have?Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?