Title: Accounts Allrounder
Company Name: Energy Trade Pty Ltd
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches, chatswood
Employment Status: Part Time
About the team
Come and join a busy Energy business with a strong focus on renewable energy and are experiencing growth nationally!
As the Accounts All Rounder you will responsible for processing and payment of invoices, accounts payable functions, reconciling bank accounts and supporting month end journal preparation and processing along with general ledger reconciliations.
What does your typical day look like?
- Check accuracy of invoices
- Input and code invoices to cost centre
- Process invoices
- Match Invoices with Purchase Order (if applicable)
- Send invoices to Manager for payment approval
- Schedule pay runs based on standard company payment terms
- Verify and process employee expense claims and manage the approval and payment process
- Update and maintain vendor database in a timely manner
- Perform reconciliations including supplier statement reconciliations and calculate payment discounts
- Report on Aged Payables plus other ad hoc reporting where applicable
- Identify improvements to the accounts payable process
- Reconcile retail partners accounts
- Calculate commissions and payment to key retail partners
- Raise invoices to debtors and be first point of contact for collection of payment
- Support the month end process by providing supporting documentation for month end journals
- Calculate and process month end accrual journals
- Reconcile bank accounts weekly
- Reconcile monthly balance sheet accounts
- Maintain fixed asset register
Enough about us – let’s talk about you…
- 3+ years’ experience within Accounts Payable
- 1+ years’ experience as Assistant Accountant
- Solid understanding of basic accounting and accounts payable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage financial records
- Accurate data entry skills
- Ability to build good relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Ability to prioritise and multitask
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability work as part of a broader team
- Intermediate computer software skills, including Excel and Accounting packages
The opportunity to be part of a high energy team, with opportunities to develop your career further in a fun and agile environment.
If this role sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you, please apply now!
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?How many years of accounts payable experience do you have?How many years of accounts receivable experience do you have?