Title: Accounts Payable & Accounting Support
Company Name: Dorsett Retail Pty Ltd
Job Location: Australia, Western Australia, Bunbury & South West, bunbury
Employment Status: Full Time
Who we are and what we do:
At Dorsett Group, electrical retail is most of what we do in both our city and country Retravision stores.
Additionally, we have a wholesale division supplying new home builders with electrical goods making us one of the largest players in electrical retail in Western Australia. Other activities include retail furniture and homewares, a café, a motel, commercial and developmental property and a software development company.
About the role:
This permanent full time role is office based in Bunbury, within our highly experienced accounts & administrative team.
The role is relying on your proven record of working with & understanding accounting / finance processes and mechanisms, as the tasks will have you compile financial reporting data, working under the guidance of and supporting the company's accountant.
It is a role that combines accounting support with core Accounts Payable (AP) administration, and needs your versatility in dealing with high volume reconciliations.
Our Bunbury support office provides assistance to over 20 RetraVision stores & franchises within the Group, always focused on operational support efficiencies.
Extensive on-the-job training will be provided on our in-house data-base system/ work platform, as well as processes & frameworks we operate within.
Our office hours are Monday - Friday inclusive.
- having +3 years' experience in a high pace & volume AP support function, being accustomed with following systematically existing processes, shared & developed spreadsheets
- must love Excel, purely because it makes your life so much easier at so many levels
- have a passion of making sense, understanding the 'wits & the magic of numbers' with their drawn analytic insight, how they class, relate & reflect financially, in the accounting world
You also have fluency on and capable to manage a diverse daily routine, additional administrative side and enjoy variety of what every day brings across your desk, then we definitely want to be part of your next step career choice!
The work style needed:
Must have a well organised & self-managed style of work so to function well and keep up with the rhythm our business generates, particularly when it comes to the detailed & sometimes complex reconciling of suppliers accounts.
Bring along and highlight:
- proven experience in similar environments, for both AP & accounting support, especially in dealing with volume, numbers, papers or supporting documentation
- your initiative, happy demeanour and respectful people interactions
- your open approach to good 'old fashioned' hands-on work …
We can provide you with that rare opportunity of every day being different and encouraging your ideas and input to shape up a continuous improvement culture in a workplace where diversity is a motivation and your adaptability & problem solving are by all means taken as an asset.
Availability on a start mid-May will tie in well with our team.
We reserve the right to screen & shortlist received application through seek here, as they roll in, with planned interviews within the next 10 working days.
We will contact directly the applicants short-listed for interviews.
No Recruiters or placement agencies, please.