Title: Accounts Payable Officer
Company Name: Hays Accountancy & Finance
Job Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs,
Employment Status: Contract/Temp
Immediate start, excellent team environment, great hourly rate!
Your new company
An exciting opportunity awaits for an experienced accounts payable officer to join an established team within the local government environment.
Your new role
- Manage the daily workflow distribution of invoices and credit notes within the AP system.
- Develop and deliver Month End Accounts Payable and Key Performance Indicator Reporting.
- Processing all invoices and credit notes, reconcile supplier statements in a reliable, accurate and timely manner.
- Preparation of settlement runs in accordance with agreed timeframes, and conduct investigations into the payment process.
- Reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts that relate to Accounts Payable.
- Assist Accounting Services team with cash flow management, month end reviews and accruals.
- First point of escalation for queries and process issues, ensuring resolution in an efficient manner, with a commitment to high quality customer service.
- Continually review procedures/systems to ensure a high quality, best practice accounts payable function.
- Liaise with all external stakeholders including suppliers to resolve queries and facilitate master data change requests as required.
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong experience in the full function of accounts payable.
- Experience in developing operational procedures within a client focused team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively operate autonomously or collaborative with other work.
- High level analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong service culture; strives to exceed expectations.
- A keen eye for the continuous improvement of processes and systems.
What you'll get in return
- The opportunity to advance your accounts payable skills.
- Gain experience within local government.
- An excellent hourly rate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
[email protected] OR 03 85624250
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
SA Licence number : LHS 297508