Title: Accounts Payable Officer
Company Name: Master
Job Location: Australia, South Australia, Adelaide, atholpark
Employment Status: Casual/Vacation
Master Butchers Co-operative Ltd (MBL) is a diverse business with multiple locations and over 100 employees. MBL Food Service is a leader in packaging, custom blending, food ingredients, and equipment, supplies to the food industry. MBL Machinery supplies an extensive range of food processing equipment and machinery specialising in butchers' machinery. MBL Proteins recycle a wide range of food industry waste by way of collection and processing of by-products such as fat, bones, and mixed abattoir material from our members in two modern environmentally sound plants, at Wingfield and Keith in South Australia.
We are currently seeking a dedicated and experienced Accounts Payable Officer to join our Admin/Accounts team. This position is located at Athol Park, South Australia.
- Process a high volume of supplier payments, ensuring expenses are matched to purchase orders.
- Liaising with creditors, answering accounts payable queries.
- Organising credit requests with suppliers.
- Checking monthly supplier statements.
- Timely processing of entries into Attache’ (Accounting software).
- A high volume of data entry, filing, and management of invoices, ensuring historical records are maintained.
- Assisting with collection of information and data to process employee reimbursements and credit card statement reconciliations.
- Process credit applications and setting up new suppliers.
- Work closely and collaboratively across internal departments to ensure efficient and effective processing of payments.
- Ad-hoc reports detailing financial status, as and when required.
- Reception switchboard to answer incoming calls.
- Other administrative duties, including courier runs, banking, filing, and assisting team members as required.
Experiences, Capabilities, and qualifications:
- Accounting knowledge and prior Accounts Payable experience is essential.
- General clerical and administration skills.
- Professional phone manner.
- High attention to detail and accuracy, including strong numeracy and data entry skills.
- Microsoft office suite experience with good excel knowledge.
- Driver’s licence.
- Experience in the Attaché system.
- A “can-do” approach to ensure operations run smoothly and effectively.
- A self-starter, who can demonstrate prior success, and has the ability to work autonomously.
- A “problem solving” mindset and focus on continuous improvement to improve efficiencies and customer satisfaction levels.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Focus on a safe working environment.
Pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing will be required.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your latest resume today to [email protected] [link removed].
Applications close on Friday, 14 May 2021. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Agency submissions will not be accepted.
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?How many years' experience do you have as an accounts payable officer?Do you have data entry experience?Do you have customer service experience?Do you have reconciliations experience?