Title: Accounts Payable Officer - Temporary 6 Month Contract
Company Name: AVID Property Group Pty Ltd
Job Location: Australia, Queensland, Gold Coast, broadbeach
Employment Status: Contract/Temp
Who are we?
AVID Property Group (AVID) is an award-winning Australian developer responsible for a diversified portfolio of residential communities in key growth precincts across Australia.
Having delivered $2.6 billion worth of projects over the past 13 years, AVID's current portfolio includes more than 14,300 residential blocks and a gross revenue pipeline of $4.9 billion.
With 38 projects across the eastern seaboard, AVID has a diverse mix of developments, including masterplanned communities, completed homes and apartments.
Led by highly experienced senior management, AVID deliver exceptional communities, valuable shareholder returns and wonderful environments for its customers.
What is the role?
We have a full-time temporary opportunity for an AP Officer who will be responsible for managing the full end-to-end AP function for the business efficiently and effectively and in accordance with business policy, standards and compliance requirements.
You will provide high quality customer service to internal and external clients through effective communication and stakeholder management to enhance AP's reputation as a service centre of excellence.
Based in the Gold Coast and reporting to the Senior Financial Accountant, you will be primarily responsible for:
- Ensuring the accurate and timely processing and payment of all supplier invoices and staff expense claims.
- Ensuring all tasks are completed within legal, compliance and regulatory frameworks (internal and external).
- Providing input to AP process and system improvement initiatives.
- Complying with AP reporting timetable requirements as determined from time to time
- Complying with AVID auditor requirements and requests.
- Assisting with the management of supplier insurances.
- Acting as the first point of contact for all AP issues/problems and focus on resolving issues promptly.
- Minimising the volume of overdue payments through pro-active management of relationships with internal and external customers.
- Assisting the team with other finance related duties such as raising invoices and preparation of bank reconciliations
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Minimum 4 years' experience in an AP Officer role.
- Experience working in a high-volume AP processing environment (desirable)
- Experience using TechOne or Voyager (desirable)
- Accounts Receivable and bank reconciliation experience (desirable)
- Strong customer service focus and ethic
- Property experience (desirable)
- Attention to detail
- Strong problem solving capability
- Ability to manage competing priorities and heavy workload and to meet deadlines.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of AP processes and risks.
- Thorough understanding of financial control procedures and mechanisms
- Accounting qualifications (desirable)
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?How many years of accounts payable experience do you have?What's your expected annual base salary?How much notice are you required to give your current employer?