Title: Accounts Payable Specialist (Invoice Processing)- Contract | North Sydney
Company Name: Flight Centre Travel Group
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs, northsydney
Employment Status: Contract/Temp
The Travel Group (T.T.G.) is the Land division of FCTG (Flight Centre Travel Group).
We have a Global Shared Services area for Transactional Finance functions – Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Robotics and Automation team, based in Brisbane and Sydney, supported by an offshoring team based in Jakarta.
The Accounts Payable area is the centralised point for invoice processing, supplier payments and supplier assistance regarding the resolution of any finance issues that may arise for our Procurement business.
The Accounts Payable Specialist primarily responsible for Account reconciliation, end of month activities, payment disbursement and the associated queries from internal and external stakeholders. This involves, but is not limited to account reconciliation, pay suppliers timely and accurately supplier queries and correspondence, Selling Partner queries, working with the Treasury team for cash management and end of month activities. The Accounts Payable Specialist will also focus on process improvements and efficiency initiatives.
The Accounts Payable Specialist (Invoice Processing) role is a strategic thinker, thrives on challenge and consistently delivers a high level of customer service, contributing to FCTG’s overall profitability.
- Query Resolution – Banking, VCC Partners & Stakeholder Relationship (30%)
- Timely and accurate query resolution
- Clear communication with Selling partners, suppliers and customers
- Delighted Customer base
- Work closely with banks and other financial institutes to ensure payments are paid timely and accurately
- Recoup payments from suppliers whenever is necessary
- Involve and support audit requirements
- VCC Administration & Training Support (10%)
- Involve and support audit requirements
- Administration tasks – User maintenance, VCC issue resolution & etc.
- VCC training to In-House business users
- Business Management (10%)
- Tracking & reporting (including BI, JIRA, VCC, HSBC stats & etc.) Knowledge of your suppliers, Ad hoc projects, System upgrade & project testing & Day to day operations
- Payment Disbursement & Cash Management (20%)
- On-time payment disbursement as per payment schedule or ad-hoc prepayment
- Work closely with Treasury to ensure cash liquidity before payment disbursement to avoid overdrawn/bank penalty fees
- Financial Control and End of Month activities (30%)
- Complete Balance Sheet Reconciliations – Vendor Ledger, Prepayment, Unallocated Cash, Virtual Credit Card & etc.
- Provide analysis and support to the Management Accounting team or liaise directly with Selling partners
- Identifying risk in the balance sheet and ways to mitigate this risk
- Team Player
- Customer Focus
- Excellent Communicator
- Partnering and Building Relationships
- Problem-solving and embracing change
- Business Acumen
- High attention to detail
- Leads by Example
Skills and Capabilities:
- Systems Knowledge: Excellent back-office system(s) knowledge o Reservation – Calypso, Travelbox & Reservation Manager, ERP – Microsoft D365, Banking – HSBC, eNett & WEX, BPM – PRIME, Microsoft office – Excel, Words, PowerPoints & etc.
- Highly developed Customer Service skills to ensure mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers, partners and customers
- Deliver outstanding customer experience
- High attention to detail and ability to achieve resolution
- Resolve not re-solve
- A proactive approach to challenges and opportunities
- Ability to think ‘outside the box’
- Ability to interpret bank statements, supplier invoices/statements and documentation
- Fluency in financial concepts
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Accounting/Finance /Commerce (Desirable)
- Accounts Payable or P2P Experience (Essential)
- Travel Industry knowledge (Desirable)
What's in it for You?
- Generous remuneration structure
- Travel discounts, in-house financial and health services
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation, Responsible Travel Charter, and Brighter Futures programs
If this sounds like the right role for you, apply today!
Applications are now open for review!
We’re proud to have been recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards 2018, in addition to Best Agency Group at the AFTA 2018 National Travel Industry Awards