Title: Accounts Payable Supervisor
Company Name: UniLodge Australia Pty Ltd
Job Location: Australia, Queensland, Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs, brisbane
Employment Status: Full Time
- Based in Brisbane CBD
- Newly created role
- Join our team as our company grows!
UniLodge is the leading provider of student accommodation in Australia and New Zealand and is currently in an exciting growth cycle as demand for our services is escalating globally. With a growing portfolio of 80 properties, encompassing over 30,000 beds, it’s a very exciting time to join the UniLodge team! About your new role
We are seeking an Accounts Payable Supervisor to join the team in our UniLodge Head Office in Brisbane CBD. This position is responsible for managing the accounts payable function for the UniLodge Group and its associated entities. Duties and Responsibilities:
What you’ll need to succeed
- Day to day full function high volume accounts payable duties.
- Review and process supplier invoices across multiple databases/entities for Australia and New Zealand using an automated AP workflow system.
- Recruit, train and develop the AP team members.
- Set and facilitate the achievement of department objectives.
- Seek approval for payments, data verification and set invoices up for payment.
- Prepare and coordinate supplier payment runs on a weekly basis, across multiple bank accounts in Australia and NZ.
- Manage a central email box, for all invoices/queries across 80+ properties.
- Reconcile supplier statements in conjunction with clearing the aged creditor report.
- Liaise with both suppliers and the business, responding to their queries.
- New Supplier set ups and maintaining the supplier master file.
- Process petty cash claims for both Australia and NZ.
- Provide ongoing support to the finance team in relation to account queries and provide senior management with key statistics.
- Continuously assess current processes for improvements, software system for enhancements and strengthening of internal controls.
Culture and Benefits
- Demonstrated experience in a similar supervisory/management AP role within a busy and complex environment.
- Experience with multiple databases and complex inter-company is essential.
- Competent in dealing with high volumes of invoices and queries, with strong attention to detail.
- Effective organisational skills.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with OCR technology and ERP systems is highly advantageous.
- Online business banking platforms is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task a range of priorities.
- Ability to provide evidence of a National Police Check.
We have a culture that’s built on trust and engagement and we go the extra mile to make your career at UniLodge as rewarding as possible. We'll provide you with:
- A great workplace culture with fun events and activities.
- Acknowledgement, rewards and benefits.
- A multicultural & diverse environment.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Learning and Development opportunities.
If you've got a warm and engaging personality and have the passion and drive to really make a difference, we'd love to hear from you. Because you'll fit right in! What you need to do now
If you're interested in this exciting role, please click apply now and attach your cover letter and your CV!
While we take a look at your application, we encourage you to get to know us a little better through our website and various social media channels.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – We commit to responding to every applicant. ***All final applicants for this position will be required to provide evidence of a criminal record check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.