Title: Accounts Receivable Administrator
Company Name: Pregnancy, Babies & Children’s Expo
Job Location: Australia, South Australia, Adelaide, unley
Employment Status: Contract/Temp
4 month part-time contract which could move to permanent
Based in Unley, Adelaide
About PBC Expo
The Pregnancy Babies & Children’s Expo's are Australia's 'go to' exhibitions dedicated to the needs of parents and parents-to-be. We are Australia’s BIGGEST and the WORLD’s longest running early parenting event. We connect leading brands and experts with new Australian families. We host a growing schedule of Expos around Australia annually, where visitors can talk directly with brand owners, product developers and service providers and have their questions answered.
About the Role
To support the goals and objectives of PBCE through the effective and efficient processing of accounting data with a specific focus on Accounts Receivable.
- Engage with Debtors on a professional manner to reinforce and collect on outstanding payments in accordance with PBCE Terms and Conditions for exhibitor deposits, and outstanding balances
- Reconciliation of accounts between the CRM and Finance System (Xero)
- Prepare invoices for debtors
- Focus debtor efforts on those exhibitors that may be one-off or infrequent clients to minimise risk
- Call debtors about outstanding invoices followed by email correspondence should accounts not be paid
- Document all debtors activities in CRM to ensure Sales and other key personnel are also aware of collection efforts
- Maintain a debtors ledger that closely corresponds with necessary payments associated with any given expo
- Release all current and future invoices to the clients when balances are due. Send Reminders and follow up accordingly
- Provide information as required to Finance Manager of outstanding debts so that he/she can advise the Sales team to assist with collection
- Create and maintain payment plans for clients and ensure all plans are strictly adhered to by the clients
- Follow up on any outstanding payments that are associated with payment terms that are typically in place with larger clients/sponsors
Financial and Administration duties
- Record the financial transactions of PBCE, and other affiliated financial entities in Xero spreadsheets or databases.
- Provide other financial documents as required
- Maintain effective fraud prevention practices
- Provide assistance with budgetary controls
- Arrange and Account for Intercompany transactions.
- Carry out bank reconciliations and ensure figures and reports are accurate.
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Two plus years of hands-on Account Receivable experience gained with a medium sized enterprise
- Prior experience with accounting software – preferably Xero
- Competent Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly and succinctly to non-financial staff in written and verbal formats.
- Able to act as a team player at all times, with the ability to operate independently to meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
To apply, please do so via Seek, forwarding your letter of application and your current resume.
PBC Expo will retain your recruitment application and associated records for a period of up to six months following the completion of the recruitment process. Should you wish us to destroy your information earlier please email your request to us at [email protected]
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?How many years of accounts receivable experience do you have?Do you have experience in administration?How many years of credit control experience do you have?Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?Do you have experience using Xero?