Title: Accounts Receivable Officer
Company Name: Independence Australia
Job Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, Western Suburbs, westfootscray
Employment Status: Full Time
Independence Australia is a social enterprise that provides choices for people living with a disability or other personal need, enabling them to regain and retain their independence within a supportive community.
Today Independence Australia is a national business distributing personal healthcare products to people in their homes to help them enjoy a better quality of life. We are also a leading supplier of rehabilitation equipment. This position is based at our office in West Footscray.
An exciting opportunity currently exists for an experienced Accounts Receivable Officer to join Independence Australia's Finance Department.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will provide general financial services and be responsible for debt collection and the accurate and timely financial data input for day-to-day operations. Within this position, you will play a pivotal role within the Finance Team, undertaking numerous tasks and roles in order to impart and develop your capacity, skills and competencies.
What you will bring to the role:
- At least 2 years Accounts/Finance experience in a medium size organisation
- Proven experience working in a similar role, with a solid understanding of accounting procedures
- Experience in credit control / debt collection
- Experience and understanding of the NDIS and disability sector
- Experience in high volume data entry
- Experience in an integrated Financial Management package
- An understanding of double entry accrual accounting
- Experience with Greentree Financial Software or similar programs with high volume processing.
- A genuine customer service focus, strong communication, problem solving and negotiation skills with the ability to manage issues end-to-end
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities, with strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Team orientated with a positive outlook to work and a willingness to interact and contribute to others and team culture
- Diploma in Finance, Accounting or similar
What is in it for you?
- Work for a social enterprise with the ability to help people and contribute to the community
- Salary Packaging available, providing a tax benefit
- Product discounts available
- Free onsite staff parking and close toto public transport
- Access to our confidential Employee Assistance Program
- Internal developmental opportunities available
Please click "Apply" or submit applications to [email protected]
The applicant must provide (or willing to obtain);
- A clear Police Check not less than 6 months old
- An international police check if you have lived outside Australia over 1 year in the past 10 years
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?How many years' experience do you have as an accounts receivable officer?What's your expected annual base salary?Do you have a Diploma in a Finance or Accounting Discipline?