Title: Accounts Resolution Officer, Sydney CBD
Company Name: Opal HealthCare
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs, sydney
Employment Status: Full Time
At Opal HealthCare, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
This is aged care but not as you know it! Opal HealthCare is one of Australia’s largest aged care providers, with 80 care communities across four states and employing a team of over 9,000 nationally.
We are currently seeking an experienced Accounts Resolution Officer to effectively and professionally manage the resolution of complex Tier 2 requests relating to all areas of Resident Management whilst maintaining a high standard of conduct and work performance within the team to promote our reputation with key internal and external stakeholders. This is a Full Time Permanent opportunity.
- Processing required transactions relating to the resolution of Tier 2 requests within timeframes and in compliance with applicable legislative and business requirements
- Working closely with functional areas of the Resident Management team to ensure timely resolution of Tier 2 requests including preparing reconciliations, liaising with government departments and assisting external customers
- Processing customer fee refunds within agreed timeframes and in compliance with applicable legislative and business requirements
- Processing refundable accommodation deposit refunds in compliance with applicable legislative and business requirements
- Preparing and maintaining centralised documentation of all relevant information related to customer adjustments, including investigation and resolution of queries
- Providing support to the team with financial month end processes within required timeframes and with high levels of accuracy
- Meeting SLAs or other performance measures as indicated by management
- Maintaining expert knowledge of the Aged Care Act and other related legislation relevant to the role
- Providing excellent customer service with timely resolution of Tier 2 requests from internal and external customers within agreed timelines/SLAs
- You have at least 3 years’ experience in similar roles
- Diploma in Accounting essential
- Bachelor’s degree qualifications in a business or finance related discipline are desirable
- Knowledge of aged care industry and regulatory and funding arrangements essential
- Excellent attention to detail and quality focus and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Minimum intermediate level Excel skills
- Experience in working in a highly regulated environment is advantageous
- Experience in dealing with government departments
- Experience in customer oriented shared service environments managing large volumes and high complexity of transactions is highly desirable
- You have strong interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills
- Positive, energetic and have an ability to manage various projects
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal's police check system and undergo pre-employment medical. You may also be required to attend a drug screen.
You must also be willing to obtain a personal NDISWC through your state government provider prior to commencing employment.
Please note: a current flu vaccination will also be required for you to work in our homes.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit:
To meet a few of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal HealthCare visit: https://www.opalhealthcare.com.au/why-choose-opal/about-opal