Title: APS6 Financial Accountant
Company Name: Capital Recruit
Job Location: Australia, Australian Capital Territory, ACT, canberra
Employment Status: Contract/Temp
About the Organisation
A small Federal government agency located in Civic , they work with States and Territories to deliver national reform program and outcomes in Australia.
About the Role
As an APS6 Financial Accountant, you will be working with the Finance Manager and CFO within the Corporate and Finance group. You will handle responsibilities in the area of internal and external reporting, financial policies and procedures, budgeting, forecasting, compliance and legislation.
Your key responsibilities will also include:
- Assisting with all month end procedures and reconciliation work for the departmental and administered
- Assisting with accurate and timely financial reporting to the central agencies
- Preparing financial statements notes and work paper preparation
- Working with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Providing technical advice on complex and sensitive matters concerning various correspondence
- Manage workloads and deadlines, develop individual work plans
- Additional duties as directed by the management
This role can be offered through an initial 6 months non ongoing contract
with a scope to extend for another 6 months
. The agency would be carrying out a recruitment round
during this period which will give you a scope to apply and become ongoing
. We are also interested in speaking to candidates who are looking for ongoing opportunities within financial accounting and management accounting through S26 transfer arrangements. Skills and Experience
- Experience in financial reporting and statements is required
- Advanced Excel skills are highly desirable
- Good understanding of CBMS
- Ability to engage with stakeholders across all levels and work through competing priorities
- Proven conceptual and analytical abilities with strong communication skills
- Demonstrated personal drive and integrity while achieving outcomes
You must be an Australian Citizen
to be considered for this role. How to apply
Apply with a covering letter and resume in simple Word format. For more information, please call Bhakti Dalvi on 0488 032 429.
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?What's your expected annual base salary?How much notice are you required to give your current employer?Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?How many years' experience do you have as a financial accountant?