Title: Assistant Accountant - Asset Management
Company Name: Bupa
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney,
Employment Status: Contract/Temp
We are a world leading Health & Care organisation with over 22,000 people in Australia and New Zealand, and our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, and happier lives. In Australia, we help to take care of people through our leading health insurance services as well as providing a personalised approach to care through our modern Dental clinic network, our Bupa Optical stores, Bupa Medical Visa services and over 70 Bupa Aged Care Homes. Bupa Therapy, along with our Medical and Wellbeing Centre provide a multidiscipline approach to care.
At Bupa our people are transforming and making a difference in the world of health & care.
About the opportunity:
The purpose of this role is to provide stakeholders with high quality reporting of Capital Expenditure, Fixed Assets and Investments, including maintaining an accurate Fixed Asset Register. This is a 12 month fixed term contract and can be based in either Sydney or Melbourne.
Capital Expenditure: Projects
- Ensure capital project requests are within governance and approved as per Delegation of Authority framework and accounting policy
- Review Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) request for completeness (required fields, approvals, supporting quotes) and compliance with Accounting Standards / Corporate Policy.
- Create capital projects in PeopleSoft once Finance approval is obtained.
- Track project costs, monitor spend and close out projects once they have been completed.
- Determine asset acquisitions and allocate asset profile based on useful life of the asset.
- Prepare Asset Management Reports including tracking of Capital Expenditure and Work in Progress (WIP & Asset Clearing).
Fixed Asset Register Maintenance
- Maintain Asset Register records by processing transactions including approved additions, disposals, transfers, location changes, useful life adjustments, Revaluations and other adjustments as required.
- Support budgeting/forecasting and month end reporting and analysis to facilitate decision making
- Calculate depreciation for all fixed assets and review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation.
- Update the Fixed Asset General Ledger reconciliations file to capture new CAPEX invoices processed to date and identify all recent CAPEX entries without supporting invoices and collate for sending to AP.
- Maintain and complete all Asset Management Reconciliations in ARCS per month end deadlines
- Conduct periodic physical inventory counts of fixed assets and Conduct periodic impairment reviews.
- Support external / Internal audits
- Assistance with activities/projects as directed by the Capital & Fixed Asset Manager.
Investment Portfolio Maintenance
- Maintain local investment register for monthly acquisitions, disposals, income and accruals
- Process manual journal entries to correctly record investment movements and income for the month
- Attend to monthly reconciliations of investments and associated balances
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual investment reports and analysis
- Provide support for half yearly and yearly external / internal audits and tax return preparation process
You will be/have:-
- Finance/Accounting Degree
- Experience in Fixed Asset Accounting essential
- Medium/Large Corporate organisation background
- Motivated, pro-active, and driven, strive to exceed customer expectations
- Intermediate or Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
Bupa believes in hiring the best talent in the market. We are known for our vibrant, high performing and incredibly rewarding workplace, and we take pride in creating exceptional and meaningful work experiences, encouraging innovation, delivering award winning benefits to our employees and being involved with our communities.
Bupa has everything - growth, passion, results and a caring & supportive culture that surround a burning ambition and purpose that is the best in the world.
Our people reflect the diversity of our community. At Bupa, your wellbeing, identity and own story is respected and valued.
Find the purpose in your career!