Title: Assistant Accountant
Company Name: Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane
Job Location: Australia, Queensland, Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs, brisbane
Employment Status: Part Time
The Archdiocese of Brisbane covers the region from the NSW border to Hervey Bay and as far west as Kingaroy. Within the region there are currently 94 parishes, a range of Catholic community-based agencies and various professional offices and pastoral ministries.
The Parish Finance Services team currently consists of 5 professional accountants providing support to Archdiocesan parishes who may not have the resources to do their own accounting. The team support Parish stakeholders i.e. Parish Priests and Finance Committees by processing accounts, providing managerial reports, ensuring government compliance reporting for BAS and FBT, face to face training, auditing and implementation of policies. We are currently seeking applications for an Assistant Account positions.
Areas of responsibility will include:
- Processing accounting transactions including Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Banking and recording of debtor payments and general receipts
- BAS reporting and lodgement
- Maintenance of the general ledger
- Assist the Senior Account with budget preparation for Parishes
- Prepare Parish accounts for the annual external reviews
The successful candidate will require:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Accounting and/or Commerce
- Previous experience in MYOB EXO
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of accounting processes
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to influence capability at all stakeholder levels
- Experience in not-for-profit organisations is desirable
- Understanding of the Catholic church values and teachings
This is a permanent part-time position of approximately 20 to 25 hours per week, negotiable across 3 or 4 days, with potential growth for more hours depending on workload. Remuneration will reflect the experience of the successful candidate.
To apply for this role please submit a cover letter and resume via the Apply For This Job
For further information please copy and paste the link below for a copy of the position description https://catholic.sharefile.com/d-sfa63705d20a14f8e9cea5c9981d4917c or by contracting Cindy Hayer, HR Consultant via [email protected]
Applications close Monday 12 April 2021. The Archdiocese of Brisbane has standards of conduct for workers to maintain a safe and healthy environment for children. Our commitment to these standards requires that we conduct working with children checks and background referencing for all persons who will engage in direct and regular involvement with children and young people (0 - 18 years) and/or vulnerable adults. The organisation is fully committed to child safety and has a 0 tolerance to abuse of children or vulnerable adults.
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?What's your expected annual base salary?Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?Have you completed a qualification in accounting?How many years' experience do you have as an assistant accountant?