Title: Assistant Accountant ( Commercial)
Company Name: HB Group (Qld) Pty Ltd
Job Location: Toowoomba & Darling Downs
Employment Status: Contract/Temp
Our client, a family owned business based in Toowoomba, is seeking a new Graduate/Undergraduate Accounting student, or a qualified Accountant with 1 to 2 years' experience, to join their Finance team for a full-time 12 month contract.
Reporting to the General Manager - Finance and Administration, the Assistant Accountant will primarily be responsible for the following:
- Provision of general accounting and compliance work as required.
- Assist with BAS, FBT, and PAYG.
- Balance sheet, P&L and General Ledger reconciliations.
- Assist with Branch/Department analysis, tracking Budget vs Actual.
- Assist with preparations of financial budgets to the Management Group.
Applicants must possess the following skills and attributes:
- Strong Excel skills
- High level interpersonal skills. Must be able to liaise well with staff and customers.
- Strong attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Fast Learner who has the ability to pick up new systems quickly.
- Ability to achieve pre- determined outcomes.
Applicants should have a degree in Business or Commerce (or working towards same).