Title: Assistant Accountant
Company Name: Fremantle Octopus
Job Location: Australia, Western Australia, Perth, Fremantle & Southern Suburbs, oconnor
Employment Status: Full Time
About the business and the role
Get involved with an exciting high growth, world-class seafood company.
We are seeking an experienced Assistant Accountant to join our team. This position will provide you with an excellent opportunity to work with the senior management of the business.
This role is suited to a pro-active, energetic person with a strong work ethic, who takes pride and ownership in their contribution.
Job tasks and responsibilities
You will be an integral part of the finance team, working on matters such as:
- Weekly cashflow reporting
- Payroll, AP & AR
- Preparation of monthly reconciliations
- Processes and Procedures
- Data Analysis and reporting
- Assist with the Audit process
- Other adhoc duties as required
Skills and experience
We are seeking an individual who can positively contribute to business objectives and assist in driving continuous improvement and growth.
You must be able to demonstrate:
- High level interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to deal confidently and courteously with people at all levels
- At least 2 years experience in a similar accounting role
- Experience in MYOB or similar ERP system
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to work unsupervised
- Show a strong willingness to learn and work in a collaborative environment
- Intermediate or advanced skills and experience in MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, Excel etc.) and other office computing applications
The successful applicant will be offered:
- A competitive salary
- An attractive working environment in a new high quality office premises
- Potential for flexible hours for the right candidate
- Free on-site parking
Applicants that do not have a cover letter, addressing your ability to meet our criteria, will not be considered.
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?How many years' experience do you have as an assistant accountant?Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?What's your expected annual base salary?