Title: Assistant Accountant - Maternity Leave Contract
Company Name: South of Perth Yach Club
Job Location: Australia, Western Australia, Perth, Fremantle & Southern Suburbs, applecross
Employment Status: Contract/Temp
South of Perth Yacht Club is a successful member owned Yacht Club located on the Swan River in Applecross. We are seeking an experienced Assistant Accountant/ Senior Accounts Receivable Officer reporting directly to the Finance Manager. This position is a combination of the traditional accounts’ receivable role with accounting to balance sheet stage.
Key responsibilities include:
- Debtor Management and Accounts Receivable processing;
- Resolving member account queries;
- Weekly Payroll processing including ensuring that timesheets are completed and verified;
- Maintain monthly fuel reconciliation and pricing adjustments as required;
- Daily reconciliation of POS and Cash transactions;
- Daily bank reconciliation;
- Monthly reconciliation of General Ledger Suspense Accounts;
- Preparation of Quarterly BAS; Monthly Payroll Tax, PAYG and SGC returns;
- Monthly Member Invoicing and Statement generation.
Key Skills and experience required:
- 5 years + experience working in Accounts Receivable and Debtor Management;
- 3 years + experience General Ledger reconciliation experience;
- 3 years + experience in payroll preparation;
- Intermediate skills level with Microsoft Office applications
- Hospitality / Food & Beverage business experience.
- Previous experience working with MPower MSL software;
- Previous experience working in a membership organization;
- High level organisational, time management and problem solving skills;
- Exceptional attention to detail with accuracy and numbers;
- Able to work autonomously, meet deadlines and work unsupervised;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of people;
- High level work ethic;
- Approachable, professional and friendly.
- Must be eligible to work in Australia and be a current resident.
Please apply by emailing your current resume and covering letter demonstrating your experience to [email protected] .
Applications close extended to Monday 12th April. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?How many years' experience do you have as an assistant accountant?Do you have reconciliations experience?How many years of payroll experience do you have?Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?