Title: Assistant Accountant
Company Name: Private Advertiser
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs, stmarys
Employment Status: Full Time
About the business and the role
Baker and Provan, based in St Marys, is one of Australia's most versatile, well equipped & highly regarded engineering companies. You can find out more about us at www.bakerprovan.com.au.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Assistant Accountant to join our team on a full-time basis. This Assistant Accountant position has a broad range of accounts responsibilities, which would suit a person who has attention to detail and gains satisfaction from delivering a high quality service.
Job Tasks & responsibilities
- To assist the Finance Manager in closing the books and to provide ongoing and accurate reports to Management including:
- month-end journals
- balance sheet reconciliations
- BAS & Payroll Tax calculations
- bank reconciliations
- maintenance of the fixed asset register
- Accounts payable statement reconciliation and payment runs
- Assist with payroll and payroll administration including superannuation
- Assist with Accounts receivable credit control and debt collections
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
Skills & Experience:
The successful applicant will have:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as an Assistant Accountant
- Accounting or Finance degree
- CPA/CA qualifications or working towards, preferred
- Epicor ERP system knowledge highly regarded
- Advanced computer skills (MS office word/excel)
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Ability to obtain Federal Police Clearance
We are looking for someone who can complement our dynamic team. If you have the ability, track record & motivation then this role is for you.
Please submit your resume and cover letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Read Before Apply
How many years' experience do you have as an assistant accountant?Have you completed a qualification in accounting?How would you rate your English language skills?How many years of accounting experience do you have?