Title: Assistant Accountant
Company Name: Private Advertiser
Job Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs, clayton
Employment Status: Full Time
About the organisation
My client is a Not-for-Profit organisation based in Clayton who provide a range of valuable services to students, including management of various clubs and societies.
About the role
This is a unique and varied role, encompassing solid financial management and stakeholder engagement.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Providing financial consultation and and advice around best practice and relevant accounting standards.
- Regular face-to-face meetings with various clubs and societies with the purpose of engaging them in financial management.
- Regular preparation of financial reports for non-financial stakeholders.
- Quarterly and yearly financial reviews of clubs and societies.
- Overseeing process and procedure improvements.
- Contributing to a collaborative and values driven culture.
Benefits and perks
- On-going, permanent position based in Clayton
- Competitive salary.
- Excellent team culture and work environment
- Opportunity to 'make the role your own' and thrive in an autonomous position
Skills and experience
- Ideally you will be studying towards your CPA/CA or be fully qualified - otherwise you will have relevant work experience in an accounting role
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, and ability to engage with non-financial stakeholders
- You will be goal-driven, patient, self-motivated and demonstrate excellent problem solving skills
- This role will be best suited to someone who is values driven and wants to genuinely impact others for the better through sound financial advice and guidance
- It would be advantageous if you have worked in the Not-for-Profit sector previously, but not essential
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?