Title: Assistant Accountant - Tax Payments Settlements
Company Name: Teachers Mutual Bank
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs, sydney
Employment Status: Full Time
About the role
In this role you will be responsible for ensuring the complete, accurate and timely processing of all authorised transactions in the accounts payable system. You will be also required to develop the system to realise its potential by identifying improvements in control and efficiency, reviewing and maintaining procedures and by educating and updating all users.
Some other key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Distribution and verifying of invoices
- Allocating expense accounts
- Recording no-deductible expenditure and fringe benefits tax
- Establishing trade accounts
- Providing support in tax-related calculations
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Previous experience in a similar or AP/AR role within the banking/financial services industry
- Intermediate Microsoft Office
- Strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of basic accounting and tax concepts and principles
- Relevant tertiary qualifications would be highly regarded
- Previous experience working with Technology One would be highly regarded
If you enjoy working as part of a team, have strong accounting and numerical skills as well as clear, effective communication skills this may be an excellent opportunity for you! About us
Teachers Mutual Bank Limited (TMBL) is one of Australia’s largest values based, member-owned financial institutions. Part of our profits go back to members through competitive, award-winning products as well as towards sustainable business practices that benefit the environment and wider communities we serve. Members can join us through one of four unique brands, each focused on some of Australia’s key essential service sectors including teaching, universities, fire and emergency and health. Employees who work for our bank embrace the core values of passion, advocacy and sustainability and contribute to a diverse and inclusive workplace culture founded on mutual respect, equality and a focus on delivering exceptional member service. How to apply
We offer an excellent salary package and many other fantastic employee benefits. Teachers Mutual Bank is an Employer of Choice, promotes Gender Diversity and follows EEO principles by appointing on merit. For more information about working conditions as well as our employee value proposition, please visit the careers page on our website at www.tmbank.com.au or find us on LinkedIn!
Applications close on Friday, 2 April 2021.