Title: Assistant General Accountant
Company Name: TRS - IT & Communications
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs, parramatta
Employment Status: Contract/Temp
Assistant General Accountant – NSW Government
An assistant accountant is required by a NSW Government Department in Parramatta on an initial 5-month contract to process accounting transactions, prepare account reconciliations and audit work papers. Key accountabilities:
- Processing of accounting transactions, and preparation of reconciliations and work papers.
- Journal preparation, process journal entries and prepare general ledger account reconciliations
- Specialised reconciliations (e.g. payroll, bank, ACCESS billing, JLL, eDev and OTC, insurance, p-card, greenhouse certificates, e-Dev).
- e-Dev payment support
- Process Sundry Debtor invoices and payments
- Treasury administration tasks
- General Accounting Support including loading CRIS forecasts, GL budgets and forecasts
- Project Accounting Support including creating projects, resourcing, building activities, closing projects, closing balances, year-end reporting, time-sheet reconciliations.
- WIP reconciliations and WIP review and liaising with project managers
- Perform allocations, stale cheques and unclaimed monies review and transfer
- Trust Account register checks and prepayment reconciliations
- Prepare year-end work-papers
- Annual Fixed Assets (WP&E) stock-take coordination
- Other accounting tasks as required
- Diploma in Accounting or Finance
- 2 + Years General Accounting experience
- Experience using Peoplesoft (FMIS) / SAP system and high level Excel skills
- Demonstrated technical capability in all aspects of accounting operations
- Proficiency in one or more ERP Finance, Asset Management and related systems.
- Effective interpersonal communication and client service skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement process and reporting improvements
- Desirable: Experience working within NSW State Government Departments
If you have the relevant experience, apply now with your most recent CV (in Word format)