Title: Audit Manager
Company Name: Pitcher Partners Accountants & Advisors WA Pty Ltd
Job Location: Australia, Western Australia, Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs, perth
Employment Status: Full Time
We’re looking for people who can count!
- Perth CBD location
- Permanent full-time role
- Diverse workforce comprising 8 partner practice (25% female) and 60 employees (>50% female)
- 8th largest Accounting firm in Australia
- A member of one of the largest global networks
Working at Pitcher Partners Perth gives you greater control of your career.
Our mission to be the leading accounting firm servicing the middle market has not changed despite our outstanding growth and success. We know our people are what makes us successful, and this is why we provide a flexible and supportive environment that enables our staff to perform at their very best. Here we’ll encourage you to carve out a career path that works for you.
Making Careers Personal at Pitcher Partners Perth.
General overview of the position and key responsibilities
Working with the Audit Partners and Directors, the Manager will maintain and care for a group of both listed and unlisted Audit clients and provide support and review for qualified and unqualified team members. Care for the delegation of work and provide responsibility for high level assignments. Provide audit and assurance services to clients.
- Managing a portfolio of complex/non-complex engagements to ensure they are completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for delivering high level work for review from a diverse client base comprising a mix of listed entities, large proprietary companies and not for profit entities.
- Both preparation and review of General and Special Purpose Financial Statements in accordance with Australian Accounting Standards.
- Establishes and/or confirms budgets.
- Assistance with non-audit engagements, including due diligence, other advisory services and litigation support.
- Preparation of independent accountant reports.
- Drafts invoices and follows up with debtors.
- Identify areas requiring improvement in the clients’ business processes and possible recommendations and prepare and deliver these to clients.
- Supervision and mentoring of junior and intermediate personnel.
- Conduct Internal training sessions.
- Displays appropriate knowledge and understanding of client’s business to develop an appropriate audit approach in compliance with Pitcher Partner’s Global Focus audit methodology.
- Effectively manage the whole audit process for smaller, non-complex, clients with efficient and effective identification of key risk areas and accounting technical matters.
- Involvement in planning phase of audit appropriate to level.
- Accountable for the efficient evaluation of results of testing and appropriate resolution of errors.
- Clear briefing of staff on job requirements.
In addition, opportunity to support our non-audit clients with finance function and technical accounting support, in addition to supporting transaction advisory and due diligence engagements in conjunction with our expanding corporate finance service offering.
Qualifications and key attributes
- CA/CPA Qualified | Minimum 5 years of audit experience ideally from a Big 4 or mid-tier firm, with at least 1+ years in a managerial capacity.
- Exemplary technical audit knowledge with exposure to tax & advisory services.
- Broad commercial expertise and judgment | Analytical | High attention to details.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills | Main contact for most jobs, often dealing with more senior members of client staff.
- Intimate understanding of clients and our business, suggesting ways we can improve the clients or our own business or procedures.
- Able to write technical letters and reports.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
What we bring
An opportunity to develop your career with a growing brand and practice and broaden your experience from core audit delivery to trusted advisor to many of Perth’s small and medium sized companies.
At Pitcher Partners Perth we pride ourselves on creating a positive, energetic and diverse work environment - one that is based on teamwork, learning and open communication. We offer flexible working opportunities, exceptional training programs, mentoring and other benefits including time-in-lieu.
With a culture that is welcoming, supportive and provides long term career paths for high performing professionals, this is an exceptional opportunity that should not be missed.
How to apply
Applicants must currently reside in Australia to apply.
If you are a team player who is self-motivated, with excellent communication skills as well as having the right experience within an audit setting, then we would love to hear from you.
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?How many years of people management experience do you have?How many years of public practice accounting experience do you have?Do you have experience in a role which requires relationship management experience?Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?What's your expected annual base salary?