Title: Book Keeper
Company Name: Projectvision Consulting
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs, newington
Employment Status: Part Time
About the business and the role
A small progressive team of professionals working on construction projects urgently needs an effective, responsible and motivated long term office administrator book keeper to ensure the back of the house keeps humming along. This role also requires one to manage a small portfolio of about 17 tenants. This is going to be a part time role, either working 3 days for 5 hours or 4 days for 4 hours or 2 days for 8 hours .
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Maintain the organization's accounts being 4 separate companies in the group.
- Implement and work in accordance with the system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Comply with all legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports/statements; advising director on needed actions.
- Maintain Insurances applicable to the business
- Work as a property manager for 17 tenants.
- Coordinate the tenants and service providers.
- Order and maintain office supplies.
- Issue and report back prior to completion each day – with a MYOB transaction report – each day
- Call any outstanding debtors to close outstanding payments
- Maintain accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions
- Maintain historical records by filing documents – showing director, the filed documents
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information (comparing results where applicable last month / this month)
- Issue an Accounts Payable/Receivable report per company.
- Complete the Financial Reporting sheets for the director (excel based)
- Reconciliation of all accounts with Banking records, and income remittances
- Ensure all insurances are up to date, by completing the insurance register for all companies
- Maintain the invoice register
- Make salary and superannuation payments
- Complete BAS and other Taxation forms and lodge
- Ensure rentals for investment Properties are up to date
- Balance general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries
- Ensure all rentals are being paid.
- Complete a Balance of the accounts
- Prepare Financial Statements and coordinate with the director and company account to complete these
- Roll over the accounts to the new Financial Year
Skills and experience
- Must have MYOB
- Have the utmost integrity
- Be accountable for their actions
- Be a responsible member of the team
- Be a permanent Resident
- Developing Standards,
- Be able to analyse information
- Be able to deal with complexity and conflicting directions
- Reporting Research Results,
- Data Entry Skills, Accounting,
- SFAS Rules,
- Attention to Detail,
Job benefits and perks
Responsible for all activities.
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?How many years' experience do you have as a bookkeeper?Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?Do you have experience completing Business Activity Statements (BAS)?Do you have reconciliations experience?