Company Name: Abacus Human Capital
Job Location: Australia, Queensland, Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs, brisbane
Employment Status: Full Time
About the Organisation:
Calling all coffee connoisseurs! This is an incredible opportunity to join a successful and well-established coffee roasting business with diversity in the business across wholesale, retail, and education. You will be working for an entrepreneurial, innovative, flavor-savvy Director who loves roasting coffee and not staff. This unique role will empower you to get on the front end of the business by giving you direct exposure to customers. If you want to work for a dynamic, inspirational, philanthropic-focused organisation, this is your chance.
This broad bookkeeper role will require you to take ownership of managing the accounts function. You will be responsible for:
Skills and Experience:
- Managing end to end payroll including setting up new employees on the system, award interpretation, processing pay, managing super
- End of month accounting processes such as journals, accruals, GL reconciliations
- Preparing and lodging BAS
- Managing accounts payable including liaising with suppliers
- Managing all accounts receivable including staying on top of any outstanding payments and reaching out to clients around late payments
- Inventory management
- Weekly and monthly debtor, creditor, and KPI Reporting
- Cashflow forecasting
For this role, experience in bookkeeping for small to medium-sized businesses is imperative given the breadth and pace of this role. This role will not be a great fit if you like working behind a computer all day so you don't have to talk to customers or staff. As part of this position, you will get to know everything about coffee and will be capable of servicing and interacting with customers, and staff regularly.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience using Xero is beneficial
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills
- Broad exposure to accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivable and end of month accounting processes and reporting
- A good understanding of how systems integrate and how data flows will be very helpful
- Family orientated environment, good work-life balance
- A lot of autonomy
- You will truly become a part of this business and not just work in the business
- Ability to directly attend/interface with sales, operations, warehousing.
Preferably, please apply by sending your resume through our website at: https://www.abacushumancapital.com.au/jobs/ For further information about this position, please feel free to contact our offices on 07 3135 9780 after you have submitted an application. About Us:
Abacus Human Capital is a leading boutique accounting recruitment specialist with an extensive network of closely aligned accounting contacts across Brisbane that have been developed over the last 12 years. Our candidate ethos is centred on building long-term partnerships whereby we understand your key career motivations and aspirations. Upon working together, we will provide you with regular feedback and will be entirely transparent with you about the feedback we obtain from our clients. If this is the approach you are looking for when working with a recruitment firm, do not wait to see your perfect role advertised before contacting us as most of our roles are filled by our own internal networks before they even make it to the advertisement stage! You are welcome to join our LinkedIn group here: http://bit.ly/1If4RBf for all the latest news and updates. Don't forget to also check out our website to learn more about ways you can maximise your chances of securing a position through us. (www.abacushumancapital.com.au)
Read Before Apply
How many years' experience do you have as a bookkeeper?