Title: Bookkeeper / Accounts Officer
Company Name: Private Advertiser
Job Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs, melbourne
Employment Status: Part Time
About the Business
One of Australia's fastest growing cyber security companies. Passionate about its culture, forward thinking and bringing people together.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Bookkeeper / Accounts Officer to join our growing team on a part time basis (2 days per week). This will have the potential to develop into a full time position with the growth and expansion of the business.
Responsibilities & Experience
- Previous experience in bookkeeping / an Accounts Officer role, for a minimum of 2 years
- Microsoft Office experience essential
- Xero experience is essential
- Processing of monthly payroll for salary employees, including processing of child support payments, employee reimbursements, employee deductions, employee timesheets
- Responsible for processing accounts payable, ensuring all invoices are allocated correctly and paid to schedule
- Responsible for setting up new employees and actioning any changes to existing employees as required
- Will be efficient in solving enquiries in a professional and friendly matter via phone and email
- Responsible for reconciling company accounts
- Chasing overdue debtors promptly
- Able to process PAYG if required
- Maintaining reports and being able to converse with Accountant when called upon
- Will be required to support management / EA with other administrative tasks as requested
- Be willing to learn other financial tasks
You're encouraged to apply if you demonstrate the following qualities:
- Must have a positive attitude and have the ability to follow directions
- Have the ability and confidence to act without prompt
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Strong organisation and excellent communication skills
- Immaculate attention to detail
- Friendly and professional approach
- Team player with a 'can-do' attitude
What We Offer:
- A fresh perspective on the meaning of a team and our working culture.
- Modern South Melbourne office.
- An opportunity to work with a leadership team who sees opportunity everywhere and can help you grow and develop.
- An excellent salary package for the right candidate.
- A wide variety of work, both challenging and fulfilling.
- A progression pathway including an increase to Full Time Employment in line with the growth of our business.
If you have the required skills and experience and are wanting to be a part of a growing team in an organisation passionate about its culture and people, please apply.
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?How many years' experience do you have as an account officer?Do you have experience using Xero?How many years of bookkeeping experience do you have?