Title: Bookkeeper / Customer Service Officer
Company Name: Sugar and Sas
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs, marrickville
Employment Status: Full Time
About the business
This position is suitable for someone currently working as an accountant or who is studying towards to obtain CA or CPA qualification. The successful candidate will also have strong customer service skills, as this is an integral part of the role.
We are a distribution company carrying leading brands and a varied customer base.
As the nature of our company is ever-growing and dynamic, it is imperative for you to be self-motivated and willing to learn fast. Taking initiatives, working without supervision, and being able to learn how to manage people is crucial. This position reports directly to the GM.
About the role
This role consists of:
- All round accounting (AP, AR, Bank, Payments, Payroll, Inventory).
- Preparing monthly reconciliations, reports, and analyses.
- Preparing management reports.
- Maintaining accrual-based accounts across the company group utilising NetSuite software.
- Ensuring the compliance of Australian Accounting Standards.
- Monitoring credit control procedures and ensuring the appropriate level of cash flow is maintained.
- Preparing ad-hoc reports to assist management decision-making and operational efficiency.
- Managing the company's procurement processes (creating purchase orders, liaising with vendors and freight forwarders, making payments)
- Monitoring shipping costs and shipping lead times
- Creating products, establishing wholesale and retail pricing
- Answering the office phone and dealing with customer requests such as credits, returns and order tracking.
- Entering orders and managing inventory for our key accounts / consignment customers
- Liaising with the sales representatives to assist them with customer-based enquiries.
- Other duties as required.
Benefits and perks
Annual salary is between $55,000 - $64,999 + Superannuation + on-site parking (Location: Marrickville, NSW
5-minute walk to Sydenham station. Will be moving soon further west.
Skills and experience
To succeed in this role, you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Tertiary qualification - Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in an accounting role.
- Knowledge of NetSuite software (strong advantage).
- Similar experience working within a distribution company (strong advantage).
- High level of data entry experience and advanced Excel knowledge is essential (V-lookups, pivot tables, etc.).
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be fluent in English.
- High level of analytic and numeracy skills, with experience in inventory control preferred.
- Detail-oriented, responsible, logical, hands on, and able to prioritise.
- Strong execution, analytical and quantitative skills.
- Capacity to work well in a team and enjoy working with other stakeholders in the business.
- A solid work ethic and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Good business sense / commercial acumen.
Please note that during the selection process, should you be invited for an interview, you will be required to complete some tasks to assess your level of knowledge and proficiency.