Title: **Bookkeeper - PART TIME - 4 days P/W** (1 day Work from Home)
Company Name: Gingham & Heels
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, Southern Suburbs & Sutherland Shire, mortdale
Employment Status: Part Time
Gingham and Heels is seeking a Bookkeeper to work on a fixed term contract of 12 months, with the view to extend after this period.
The position has 2 working options. Both are based at our Head Office located in Mortdale.
- 30 hours per week Monday-Friday (6 hours per day)
- 32 hours per week Tuesday-Friday OR Monday-Thursday (8 hours per day) with one of those days possible being a work from home day.
About the Role
This is a bookkeeping opportunity in a fast-paced fashion e-commerce business.
You’ll work very closely with the Managing Director and General Manager and will be responsible for completing all bookkeeping as well as helping to analyse, evaluate and report on all financial matters of the organisation.
The role will include the following key responsibilities:
- Prepare profit & loss statements, compile financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts, month end journals such as provisions and reversals
- Prepare monthly Business Activity Statements
- Manage and process payroll, including monthly payroll tax and Superannuation Guarantee obligations
- Maintain payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes and identifying trends
- Provide financial, administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial reports and administration operations i.e. end-of-month reports
- Collate and accurately report FBT to the external Accountant within deadline
- Reconcile company credit cards daily
- Reconcile & reimburse staff expenses
- Reconcile petty cash
- Reconcile store daily takings from all payment providers and any variances that arise
- Ensure all financial statements are produced within statutory timeframes and comply with all applicable Australian Accounting Standards
- Run ad-hoc reports at request of executive management
- Maintain all payroll and HR documentation; ensuring accuracy and confidentiality
- Lead process improvement initiatives and drive best practice within an evolving industry
What You’ll Need
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience using Xero is required
- Experience working in a retail environment with bricks and mortar locations as well as online is preferred
- Ideally be a CA/CPA qualified Accountant although this is not essential so long as you can demonstrate experience at the Accountant level within a small to medium enterprise.
- Excellent attention to detail; time management skills and you’ll have a strong work ethic and a genuine interest in understanding the business.
- Able to work autonomously and will be able to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ideally have some experience with Deputy for payroll, Receiptbank, Shopify, Vend and/or Indigo8 although this is not essential.
What We Provide in Return
Generous pay rate
Fun and vibrant working environment
Fashion apparel discounts
If this sounds like you, please hit APPLY NOW. We look forward to hearing from you.
We are keen to hire this role quite quickly. All successful applicants will be contacted for interview asap.