Company Name: Private Advertiser
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter, newcastle
Employment Status: Part Time
Who are we?
We are a fast-growing and dynamic local business specialising in the areas of Building & Construction. We service a number of projects and clients in and around the Newcastle & Hunter region.
We have an opening for an experienced Bookkeeper within our organisation. This role will provide a range of accounts services to internal and external stakeholders, including the administering of payroll.
The role is Part-Time, but Full-Time will be considered for the right candidate.
Tasks of the role
- Undertaking all accounts payable and selection of accounts receivable functions
- Processing weekly payroll for approximately 15 employees
- Responding to routine account queries and follow-ups
- Receipting of incoming payments
- Reconciliation of transactions
- Reporting to Senior Management on a number of Accounts & Payroll related responsibilities and duties
- Liaising with an external Accountant to adhere to taxation and company requirements
What we are looking for
- Ideally 5+ years experience in payroll and accounts payable
- Strong knowledge of payroll/accounting systems and software (experience with XERO is necessary)
- Prior experience in a similar position with the ability to demonstrate initiative
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to organise and prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A strong work ethic and "team-player" approach
- Strong Microsoft Outlook and Excel Skills
We are a hard-working, dynamic team who thrives on team success. Our business continues to diversify and grow, continually looking for opportunities and areas to apply our operations.
We value the principle of individual roles in driving group success and pride ourselves on continually rewarding those who deliver in their roles.
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?Do you have experience using Xero?How many years of bookkeeping experience do you have?