Title: Business & Administration Manager
Company Name: Pacific Search Partners
Job Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs,
Employment Status: Full Time
Our client is a long standing, specialist manufacturing and construction business operating from premises in Melbourne’s South Eastern suburbs (bordering on the Mornington Peninsula). They are recognised for their longstanding commitment and service to the local community in which they operate, and run several different business units from this single location in Melbourne. An exciting opportunity now exists for an experienced accountant to join the team as the Business & Administration Manager. The role will assume control of the financial operations and administration of several different operating entities and related family affairs, and further develop and maintain all financial and information systems in use across the group.
The Business & Administration Manager will manage the internal accounting function and effectively partner with external tax accountants to ensure appropriate financial controls including cashflow forecasting, budgeting and management reporting. The role reports to the Directors of the business, and is seen as the trusted advisor to the family with detailed responsibilities including:
- Production of monthly financial and management reports utilising MYOB;
- Preparation of budgets for review and approval, and monthly reporting on variances;
- Manage bookkeeping requirements of day-to-day transactional accounting, including AP, AR and bank reconciliations;
- Direct line management of 3 staff in the accounts and administration team;
- Cashflow and treasury management including compliance elements for bank funding requirements;
- Management of statutory obligations such as WorkCover, group tax, payroll tax and SRO reporting;
- Ownership of corporate insurance policies and renewals;
- Timely calculation and payment of salary, wage and superannuation obligations in line with awards;
- Management of a property portfolio and transport assets owned outside of the operating entities;
- Liaison with the external HR/OH&S Consultant to take lead on people initiatives within the business; &
- Oversight of risk management program and continuous improvement process.
Critical to success in this role will be the ability to effectively balance the hands-on nature of this role with the polish required to support sophisticated private business owners in their personal affairs. The business is nimble, and so requires an innovative and customer focussed finance professional to support the owners. The successful Business & Administration Manager will:
- Have a degree in accounting/business (any post grad study is a nice to have but not a necessity);
- Have at least 10+ years of professional accounting experience within private business, and experience in blue collar industries such as construction, manufacturing, transport or waste management would be highly regarded;
- Absolute adherence to the highest standards of confidentiality and professionalism essential to private business owners;
- Be proficient in preparing management reports for owners and have advanced Excel skills;
- Be a good people manager, capable of communicating with and developing administrative and accounts staff;
- Be comfortable diving into the detail and being a hands-on accountant, with an interest in business operations;
- Be highly literate with general IT skills and integrations into MYOB;
- Be able to execute at a speed whilst maintaining high quality;
- Be flexible to embrace the challenges of working in a privately owned, entrepreneurial business; &
- Display outstanding organisational, personal presentation and negotiation skills.
The company has appointed Tom Hutchinson
as their advising consultant on this recruitment process. Confidential enquiries regarding the role can be directed to him on +61 3 9631 1500. The successful candidate will be subject to reference checks, a national police check and certification of educational qualifications prior to an offer of employment being finalised.