Title: Business Analyst - Financial Assurance
Company Name: Allianz Australia Insurance Ltd
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney,
Employment Status: Full Time
Allianz is the home for Finance Professionals who dare to put values above numbers.
Are you looking for an opportunity to have an impact?
Due to business growth we have a rare opportunity to join our Financial Assurance team. Reporting into Manager, Financial Assurance the primary purpose of this role is to assist in the completion of financial reviews of strategic arrangements and business cases, in addition to the development and implementation of a robust financial reporting control assurance function .
You'll be responsible for:
- Assisting in the development and implementation of a valuation and review framework to assess the financial viability of proposed intermediary remuneration agreements, and other strategic arrangements and business cases.
- Working collaboratively with other departments to understand value drivers and to gain a strategic view of the proposed arrangements whilst also challenging these assumptions to ensure a robust valuation is presented.
- Assisting in preparing reports to present to senior management
- Assessing the impact of any risk indicators or issues as well as internal and external audit findings on financial reporting
- Working with the wider Finance team, 1st and 2nd line Risk and the business to assist in identifying key financial reporting risks and mapping these to key processes and controls. Escalating any gaps and future areas of risk to relevant stakeholders.
Important to your success:
- Experience in an analyst, audit or risk and compliance role, for a complex, matrixed general insurance / financial services organisation.
- Demonstrated technical understanding of design and operating effectiveness of controls.
- Proven analytical and critical thinking capability to interpret a range of data, identify patterns, trends and links that inform judgements and solutions.
- Ability to interpret and analyse complex information, extract meaningful insights and evaluate options for decision making.
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively organise tasks and manage competing resources and demands
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, capable of communicating with audiences at all levels with clarity, impact and influence.
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline
What's on offer?
- Be part of a team that's open-minded, supportive, approachable and genuinely focused on customer outcomes
- You'll be given the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on how we do things
- Learn through being supported and encouraged to take on new challenges that will help you to develop new skills
- Feel supported to give something a go - try different things, take on new responsibilities and explore opportunities
- Want to fast-track your career? We'll help you to find the right projects, opportunities and training to develop the capabilities you need to go further, faster
- Walk straight into stable, high-trust client relationships that will enable you to confidently deliver meaningful outcomes to your clients from day one
Allianz is an equal opportunity employer and therefore welcomes applications regardless of ethnicity or cultural background, age, gender, nationality, religion, disability or sexual orientation.
Diversity of minds is an integral part of Allianz' company culture. One means to achieve diverse teams is a regular rotation of Allianz Executive employees across functions, Allianz entities and geographies. Therefore, the company expects from its employees a general openness and a high motivation to regularly change positions and collect experiences across Allianz Group.
If you dare, there's an opportunity for you at https://www.allianz.com.au/careers/