Title: Business Manager
Company Name: Profile Group
Job Location: Canterbury, Christchurch
Employment Status: Part Time
Reporting to the Directors, you will lead the financial and administrative function of Physiosouth, utilising your accounting and commercial acumen.
You will be responsible for leading a small team, providing effective leadership and support to ensure that they are properly equipped to meet their targets, and provide ongoing coaching and support as required.
The role will provide you with a wide range of variety, from supporting Directors in developing business plans and cases, applying for bank funding, leading the annual budgeting process and ensuring the timely delivery of monthly and annual financials.
Outside of finance you will also take the lead on third party management, liaising with vendors for IT, Communications and Insurances, Landlords, HR and H & S implementation and ensuring that the company are receiving a best value service in line with their operations. The Company
Physiosouth are a team of leading physiotherapists, passionate about keeping you active in the areas you love the most. Their Repair, Perform, Thrive philosophy supports a client-first approach to health, focused on bringing activity back into, and enhancing clients lives. The Role
- Lead, train and appropriately manage a small finance and administration team
- Prepare annual budgets and periodical operating forecasts for review by the Directors.
- Oversee and manage property requirements including leases and liaison with landlords.
- Develop and maintain accounting and financial reporting systems appropriate to the operations of the company.
- Work with the external accountant to ensure completion of the annual financial reporting statements and tax compliance
- Liaise with suppliers of IT and communications services to ensure that the company is provided with an appropriate level of technology at an acceptable cost.
- Oversee and ensure appropriate Human Resource and H&S policies and procedures are in place across the organisation. These include staff recruitment; onboarding; annual performance reviews; H & S systems
- Prepare and distribute monthly operational performance reports by location for review by the Directors.
- Prepare quarterly Board Reports
- CA or CPA qualified accountant with 5+ years’ experience in varied accounting / commercial role
- Ideally have had some experience leading a small team of both financial and administrative staff
- Strong commercial and business acumen with the ability to effectively manage all back office functions
- Well versed in the production and analysis of monthly financials, providing insightful commentary. P & L’s, Cashflow, Balance Sheet
- Have a focus on process improvement and be able to maintain financial and operating systems
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- Be available to commit to 20-30 hours per week
Applications for this role are being handled by Profile Group on behalf of Physiosouth. For more information, please contact Christopher Cluse on 022 0717 812 or apply below. Applications from other sources will not be considered.