Title: Business Manager
Company Name: Starfish Consulting
Job Location: New Zealand, New Zealand, Wellington, Rest of Wellington Region,
Employment Status: Full Time
For over 130 years St Patrick’s College has pursued a proud tradition of providing quality Catholic, Marist education. Their mission is to develop and educate young men in a nurturing environment based on Marist traditions and values. The essence and the success of the College is built on an ethos of community and the inherent dignity of all people; developing relationships and making connections is a key element in fostering a sense of belonging in our community. The Business Manager position will play a significant role in ensuring that the college’s processes and facilities evolve and are aligned and designed to create an excellent learning environment.
Reporting to the Rector but with influence across a wide range of internal and external leadership groups the Business Manager role is responsible for the management of best practices, operational leadership excellence and ownership of the College’s long-term financial and property objectives. Leading a team of six, this role will also contribute to the on-going high trust, high performance culture that is dedicated to ensuring the creation of both a working and learning hub built on developing educational success for all students.
The four key elements for the Business Manager role as follows:
- Plan & Prioritise: Develop and own the future college aims and objectives.
- Finance & Property Management: Commercial management and drive the direction of a large facilities re-development plan
- Commitment to Customer service: Customer centric with excellent stakeholder engagement capability
- Operational Management: Management of team creating career development pathways.
This is a critical role for the College and the successful candidate will need to demonstrate a combination of strong commercial and financial management with the ability to manage a number of initiatives and projects. The Business Manager will work closely with a Project Manager who will be managing a series of capital building redevelopment projects as part of a 10 year masterplan.
Key skills and experience for this exciting opportunity are as follows:
- Minimum of eight years Commercial / Financial Management experience
- A strategic leader with previous funding and accounting experience
- Previous experience of managing capital projects and in particular property development
- Ability to demonstrate strongly leadership capability
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills across a wide range of groups
- Previous experience of developing financial models and analysis of trends is essential
- An adaptable leader who thrives on an inclusive caring culture aligned to the Special Character of the College
- Ability to work as part of a team but also as a stand-alone leader inspiring innovative funding and marketing initiatives.
The Business Manager will support and work with the college senior leadership team and three distinct boards and will inherit an ambitious and exciting 10 year development and funding plan. This is a unique opportunity to be part of an established and respected college that has built a culture and reputation for providing educational excellence from a proud tradition of Catholic Marist values.
If you are interested in applying or would like to arrange a confidential discussion about this role please apply via the link below or contact Jonny Hay at Starfish Consulting at [email protected]