Title: Business Services Manager
Company Name: Lawson Delaney
Job Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs, melbourne
Employment Status: Full Time
Are you looking for an accounting opportunity that can make you equity Partner of a very profitable and growing accounting firm, that is close to your home, with an impressive and caring leadership group?
- BRW Top 100 firm.
- This firm is one of the largest accounting firms in Melbourne's south eastern suburbs with six Partners and a large team. They provide their long-established clients with a wide variety of services with a particular focus on Business Advisory, Tax and Accounting.
- They have been in the south-eastern area for over 65 years and are continuing to grow. They are seen by many as the go-to firm in the south-east for technically challenging work who are known for doing what is right for their clients.
- They have also embraced the future of accounting and have implemented technology to improve the efficiency of the work and focus more on advisory. They have become a very modern, yet established firm.
- Their newest Partner was chosen in the top 5 New Partner's of the Year across all of Australia in the Accountants Daily Awards last year due to exceptional modernization of the firms efficiencies, technology and training. They are market leading in these areas now.
- Their Partners have backgrounds from the Big 4 as well as several other global firms. They were mostly based in Melbourne CBD before being attracted to settling in the countryside, while only 1 hour from the city, in a growing firm that treats people as people and gives you your life back.
- One Partner described them as “old-fashioned in a good way” and I agree as they are authentic, good people who pride themselves on quality service and close relationships, with a significant modern twist.
This life-changing career opportunity is suitable for a Manager or a Senior Manager who wants to step up to a position where promotion to Partner could be on offer and equity can be on the table for the right person.
Of the seven current Partners, one Partner has decided to step back and is looking to transition the established and significant client base to you. This will help you hit the ground running and form a basis for your continued growth in the business. It will also ensure a proper handover of relationships to you to help you identify value-add opportunities.The location/lifestyle:
The successful candidate will have:
- You will be 1 hour from the city. The cost of a small apartment in the inner suburbs could get you a big house with a garden and pool.
- The life-style you and your family could have is incomparable. You could even drop home for lunch if you wanted.
- If you have ever considered returning to the countryside, this is the opportunity you have been waiting for.
- Experience in a management position responsible for the performance of a team.
- Business Services/Advisory focus during your career.
- Financial planning knowledge will help you stand-out but is not necessary for this position.
- Use the leadership experience you have gained over the last few years in an accounting firm to help your team and your client portfolio achieve your shared goals.
- If you have exposure to workflow planning, budgeting, KPI tracking, financial statement analysis, cashflow monitoring and financial reporting, this will help you hit the ground running.
- Strong academic background would be favorable as well as being a qualified accountant.
- People who like people fit in best here. There are no egos in the office, just down-to-Earth good people who want to support others.
- Be adaptive to technology and the future of accounting.
- Aspirations to progress to Partner and willingness to do what it takes to get there will go down well as there is a genuine opportunity here for Partnership.
How to apply:
If you are interested in improving your life as well as stepping up in your career, please apply below now for a confidential discussion.
For a more detailed conversation, please contact Colm Reddy
at any time on 03 9946 7316.