Title: CFO / Accountant
Company Name: Water Brothers Group
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, Southern Suburbs & Sutherland Shire, kogarah
Employment Status: Full Time
We are a plumbing and civil company that employs over 150 staff across Sydney and ACT, servicing government bodies and clients.
An opportunity has presented itself for an energetic finance professional to join our team on its growing journey.
- Streamlining the various finance functions, documenting processes and training new finance & admin staff as required
- Performing monthly General Ledger reconciliations
- Preparing and presenting monthly management reports (P&L, Balance Sheet) to the management team
- Reporting to the management team on all finance and operational aspects of the company
- Reporting on all ATO and SRO responsibilities - BAS / FBT / PAYG / TPAR reporting
- Preparing and lodging quarter BAS
- Preparing EOFY Tax Returns
- Preparation of company budget forecasts, and reporting on actual variances to budget
- Liaise with all internal and external stakeholders - management, staff, customers, contractors and other organisations
- Ongoing cost reduction analysis across all suppliers
- Overseeing, and assisting where required, all finance functions performed by the Finance & Admin Team (accounts payable/receivable, payroll and cash management)
Skills and Requirements
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a finance role
- CA or CPA qualification
- Very strong english speaking and comprehension
- Excellent computer skills - experience with MYOB and excel
- A pro-active & ambitious approach to problem solving
- Ability to consider strategic perspectives
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills - we value people who work collaboratively and contribute to team outcomes
- Highly organised and efficient - a self-starter who can work autonomously and adhere to reporting deadlines
- Knowledge & experience in a construction labour based business is an advantage
This is a 12-Month Contract, with a view to permanency.
The application form will include these questions:
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?
- Which of the accounting packages are you experienced with?
- Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) or CPA qualification?
- What are you looking for in this position?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have experience in the construction industry, if so, how many years?