Title: CFO - high growth technology business
Company Name: Tobin McClintock
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs, sydney
Employment Status: Full Time
The Yield is an Australian agricultural technology company aiming to be a global leader in intelligent solutions in the agriculture and food industries, and whose vision is to feed the world without wrecking the planet.
It plans to do this by providing scalable digital technology that is designed with and for growers, reducing uncertainty created by weather to optimise and de-risk production in the agri-food supply chain. Our highly-focused team brings together leading agriculturists, scientists and technologists, and we partner with some of the global giants of technology.
The Yield now seeks to appoint a Chief Financial Officer to help scale and further advance the business.
Reporting to The Yield’s Managing Director, the CFO is a member of the company’s Leadership Team and will make meaningful contributions to decision making, business strategy and operations that enable the company to become the strongest, fastest growing and most innovative company in the digital agriculture space.
Working closely with the MD and other leaders on geographic expansion, organic growth and partnership initiatives, the CFO has budget planning accountability, with responsibility for helping drive P&L outcomes. You will be a key driver in the Series B capital raise planned for 2022, and you will develop and support the scaling of all functions and to keep pace with business strategy, customer expectations and market demand.
This is an exciting and broad role, in which you will:
- Work together the management team in leading the business to achieve aggressive growth, net promotor score and financial objectives
- Continue to develop the financial process and systems backbone of the business as it scales
- Have a good understanding of the drivers of a high growth technology business and have a strong commercial track record of supporting strategy and business cases.
- Have strategic and commercial input, supporting business decisions in the “here and now”, and also in the context of the 5-year strategy
- Support the MD in fundraising (capital, financing & listing) activities
- Be hands-on: the day-to-day accounting is outsourced but at times a hands-on approach is required, so you must have an eye for detail and a complete grasp of the numbers of the business, business cases, reporting and financial metrics.
We seek an experienced CFO with:
- A track record in a similar, entrepreneurial data and technology-driven business, or in a more mature business of scale.
- Demonstrable success in leading an organisation and people through ambiguity and change, and be comfortable in a start-up or high growth environment where the norms and conventions of an established business may not exist.
- Experience in commercial contract and capital raising, in the context of international business growth and development experience would be well regarded.
- An understanding and appreciation of both the opportunities and challenges for a scaling technology-driven business growing in different geographies and markets.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in commerce, finance, business, technology or science, and CA or CPA qualifications.
Please apply below or contact our retained recruitment advisor, Simon Tobin at Tobin McClintock.