Title: Chief Financial Officer - ANZ Region
Company Name: DXC Technology Australia Pty LTD
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, Ryde & Macquarie Park, macquariepark
Employment Status: Full Time
The CFO for ANZ is the primary Finance business partner and single point of contact to and for the General Manager of the ANZ region and provides decision support for all aspects of the ANZ business. The position works with management to execute DXC global and regional strategy, working day to day with Sell, Deliver, Region and Global Management. The role has a reporting line to the APAC CFO and is responsible for an ANZ Finance team. Ultimately, the role provides overall financial leadership across all activities in the ANZ sub-region, assessing the overall health of the business, providing guidance on profitable growth and identifying opportunities for margin expansion, among other things
The traditional DXC business model of IT service delivery is well understood and operates within a mature operating and management environment. The growth in the business is being driven by shorter term, higher volume project-orientated work in areas such as Enterprise Cloud Applications, Consulting, IT Security and Workforce Management Solutions. This is driving a change in the operating, governance and control environment – it is critical that the ANZ CFO is able to work with the business and Finance teams to instill the required rigor and discipline to accommodate successful growth whilst managing the commercial, financial and programmatic risk.
- Provides in-depth financial analysis and recommendations to Division and Group Management regarding the relationship between information and management decision making and business objectives. Responsible for the analysis of historical revenues, expense, and cash flow data.
- Provides staff direction with an understanding and following of established company policies and procedures.
- Directs business function including, approval of overall project plan, budgets, and work breakdown structure.
- Supporting the ANZ General Manager to drive growth in business and financial performance, including Contract Revenue, Annual Book Revenue, Revenue, Account Operating Profit and Region Operating Profit.
- Working with the Deliver Leader, Supply Chain and the ANZ Management Team to drive and achieve cost targets in line with revenue trends.
- Manage and drive improvement in working capital (FCF) including but not limited to DSO, DPO, Cash collections, and Capex.
- Act as an approver on the commercial construct of deals to maximise revenue, profitability and cashflow on deals.
- Drive risk mitigation plans on troubled contracts and/or accounts to manage financial impact to the business.
- Working with the controller and the shared services team to drive process improvements and ensure internal controls environment is strong and robust whilst supporting business growth.
- Provide business insights on controllership, accounting and tax matters to ensure statutory compliance.
- Support APAC CFO to roll out, for your sub region, corporate strategic initiatives in line with the long-term direction of the organisation. These initiatives include but are not limited to transformation of the finance organisation, finance processes and IT roadmap.
- Ability to develop different scenarios and be solutions-focused, identifying ways to bridge gaps to plan and helping to drive growth.
- Insight into the business, beyond your given strengths in commercial negotiations, contract terms, and revenue recognition.
- Ability to grasp complex issues and explain them in a simple way, while having the confidence to say “no” when required.
- Ability to thrive in a flat, non-hierarchical organisation where Executives get their hands dirty and leap quickly on to issues that need to be dealt with.
- Motivate, coach, and challenge.
- Play a broader leadership role for the entire Finance function extending to the Controllership team and play a critical role in the cultural integration of the team.
- Ability to influence others will be key.
- Persuasive ability to adapt your communication style.
- Ability to hold others to account and gain alignment and buy-in across the ANZ sub-region.
- Highly collaborative, working constructively with colleagues in the Finance function across the globe in a seamless way.
- Self-starter drive and drive to be proactive, with an emphasis on speed of response and getting things done.
- Strong conceptual thinking skills, applying these skills to build more robust and thoughtful plans and analyses.
- The inclination to seek and analyse data from a variety of sources to support decisions and to align others with the organisation’s overall strategy.
- A creative approach to developing new, innovative ideas that will stretch the ANZ sub-region and push the boundaries within the industry.
Executing for Results
- The ability to set clear and challenging goals while committing the sub-region to improved performance, tenacious and accountable in driving results.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty; the ability to adapt nimbly and lead others through complex situations.
- A leader who is viewed by others as having a high degree of integrity and forethought in your approach to making decisions.
- Working with the APAC CFO display the ability to attract and recruit top talent, motivate the team, delegate effectively, celebrate diversity within the team, and manage performance; widely viewed as a strong developer of others.
- The ability to persevere in the face of challenges and exhibit a steadfast resolve and relentless commitment to higher standards, which commands respect from followers.
- A leader who is self-reflective and aware of your own limitations; leads by example and drives the sub region’s performance with an attitude of continuous improvement by being open to feedback and self-improvement. Relationships and Influence.
- Naturally connects and builds strong relationships with others, demonstrating strong emotional intelligence and an ability to communicate clearly and persuasively.
- An ability to inspire trust and followership in others through compelling influence, powerful charisma, passion in your beliefs, and active drive. Encourages others to share the spotlight and visibly celebrates and supports the success of the team.
- Creates a sense of purpose/meaning for the team that generates followership beyond your own personality and engages others to the greater purpose for the organisation as a whole.
- You will be a forward-looking Finance leader with deep experience in business partnering and FP&A. You will be agile, nimble, and capable of moving at pace but at the same time will be focused on quality and have a strong attention to detail. You will be at ease with ambiguity and possess a change mentality. You will also have an inclination and an ability to make things, be able to design an outcome that is management system orientated around both growth and productivity.
- Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Management or related field preferred
- Fifteen or more years of Business Management, Accounting or Finance experience
- Ten or more years of experience in a supervisory or management capacity
- Experience working in a global organisation of size, scope and complexity
- Strong analytical skills for problem solving and quantitative analysis
- Strong interpersonal and influence skills to cultivate relationships, facilitate negotiations and build partnerships with customers
- Strong communication skills to interface with senior level customer representatives
- Hands-on approach to problem solving, willing to get into details
- Astute commercial sense, experience in contracts negotiation
- Experience in IT services industry is essential