Title: Collections Officer
Company Name: Australian Institute of Fitness Pty Ltd
Job Location: Australia, Queensland, Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs, brisbane
Employment Status: Full Time
AIF is the leading fitness educator in Australia.
Our mission is to create Warriors for the global fight against sedentary lifestyles and our vision is to be the #1 fitness educator, globally. We don't settle for anything less than the best for our students, industry, and Team Members.
There has never been a more exciting time to join AIF; we’re focussed on our future and looking to grow our Finance Team to ensure we are ready to kick some of the amazing goals we have in store for 2021 and beyond!
Are you our new Collections Officer?
Reporting to the Collections Team Leader, we are seeking a driven, dedicated, and high-performing Collections Officer to join the National Finance Team.
- Full time position on offer; Monday-Friday 8.30am-5pm
- Please note, position offered on an initial 12 month fixed term basis
- Flexible position; you will have the flexibility to work from campus and from home once you are up and running in the role (must be available to work from the AIF Brisbane campus in Fortitude Valley as required)
- Looking for someone to commence as soon as possible
- Keep track of assigned accounts to identify outstanding debts and follow up of defaulters on a weekly basis
- Authorisation of writing off uncollectible debt on a monthly basis
- Handling escalations with customers in verbal and written form to obtain payment on outstanding receivables in a timely manner, including negotiation to payoff deadlines or payment plans
- Daily administration and management of our Direct Debit System - Ezypay
- Receipt of Debt Collection payments in our Student Manager System - aXcelerate
- Managing and allocating weekly debt reporting and audits of outstanding accounts
- Provide support, assistance and back up to Finance team as required
- Issuing instructions for the commencement of required action to recover money or inquire of debtor payment status
- Handle questions or complaints
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies
What experience and skills are required?
To be considered for this role, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Excellent attention to detail, organisation, and decision-making skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Process driven and able to pick up new systems quickly
- 2+ years experience in a similar role
- Working knowledge of G-Suite applications and Axcelerate Student Management System (desirable)
- Degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance or related field (desirable)
- Takes great ownership and initiative to deliver high quality work
- Ability to work independently as well as a team player
- Full working rights within Australia
Icing on the Cake
- Paid Birthday Leave
- Flexible working environment
- Our innovative, passionate and forward thinking values ensure that we truly offer a one of a kind working environment with a team culture that rewards and recognises success and supports a healthy work-life balance
- Discounts with our many industry connections and partners
- You will be provided with opportunities to complete our nationally recognised qualifications
- Use of our fully-equipped gym
- Heavily discounted massages through our massage clinic
How to Apply
To be considered for this opportunity we require a current resume and a detailed cover letter outlining why you are the ideal candidate for this position. You must also have full working rights within Australia.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to complete an application form which will include uploading a short video of yourself - don't worry, it won't be any longer than 3 minutes!
Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity. Click on ‘Apply Now’ to submit your application.
Read Before Apply
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?How many years' experience do you have as a collections officer?What's your expected annual base salary?How much notice are you required to give your current employer?Do you have collections experience?