Title: Collections Specialist
Company Name: Healius - SDS Pathology
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches, stleonards
Employment Status: Full Time
Healius Limited is one of Australia's leading ASX listed healthcare companies and is fully committed to providing affordable, accessible and comprehensive healthcare for all Australians.
As one of Australia’s largest medical laboratory and pathology service providers, our Pathology division is always looking for talented professionals to join our team. Currently we have an opportunity for a Collections Specialist to join our Accounts Receivable team here in St Leonards.
A large part of this role will see you empowered to ensure the timely collection and maintenance of delinquent accounts through our controlled policy, processes and legislative requirements. This is a key role within our organisation where you will be required to contact clients and patients to collect outstanding payments with humility and confidence reflecting our brand values.
Other key aspects of this role will include but not be limited to;
To be considered for this role your skills and attributes should include:
- Collection and reconciliation of overdue accounts including investigating historical data for each debt or bill.
- Contacting commercial clients and individual patients to enquire about their overdue payments.
- Working with our clients and patients to facilitate resolution of billing and customer credit issues including encouraging timely debt payments
- Locate outstanding remittances to enable payment allocations & update account status records and collection efforts
- Report on collection activity and accounts receivable status.
- Experience as a collections specialist/agent and knowledge of billing procedures and collection techniques (e.g. skip tracing)
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel is a must and knowledge of databases would be ideal
- Patience and ability to manage stress and working to targets
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and the ability to negotiate and problem solve
- Any knowledge of the laws related to debt collection (e.g. FDCPA) would be highly desirable.
Healius recognises the value of diversity in the workplace and supports a range of flexible work arrangements to promote a better family/life/work balance. We can offer you a workplace where you can truly make a difference by providing excellent career opportunities where we identify, train and develop our people to ensure we have the capabilities to scale the business.
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role and we sound like the type of culture you would like to be part of, please click on “apply for this job Healius is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, colour, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
Read Before Apply
Do you have customer service experience?Do you have data entry experience?Do you have credit collections experience?