Title: Commercial Business Partner
Company Name: Metcash Limited
Job Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, Ryde & Macquarie Park,
Employment Status: Full Time
At Metcash, we’re the power behind an independent Australia. For almost 100 years we’ve been proudly supporting local, family-owned businesses – sticking up for the little guys and helping them become the best stores in town. Today we’re Australia and New Zealand’s leading independent retail partner and wholesaler in the food, liquor and hardware sectors. And while we may be large, we’ll always be locals at heart.
At Metcash Food, we’re the power behind local business, proudly supplying over 1600 independently owned stores in every corner of Australia and New Zealand. With a range of trusted independent brands like IGA, Foodland and Campbells/C-Store, our stores sit at the heart of their communities, providing locals with the products and homegrown produce they love most.
What you’ll do
• Support the Commercial team by providing commercial insights and decision support across the Trading teams.
• Identify financial opportunities and risks and provide supporting information and analysis to enable fact-based actions for the trading teams to achieve their objectives
• Support Trading teams to facilitate supplier negotiations
• Review sales and income performance for all channels
• Prepare budgets, forecasts and trend analysis and KPI variance assessments and commentary for stakeholders
What you’ll bring
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills that build partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders
• Accounting degree with 5-7 years experience within a FMCG or retail environment
• Strong financial modelling and systems skills
• Broad understanding of Category Management principals including pricing
• An ability to translate insights into action plans
What we can offer you
• We’re BIG on flexible working
• An extra week of annual leave each year after 12 months of service
• Career opportunties
So, roll up your sleeves and bring your best self to work, and we’ll give you the support you need to develop a rewarding career and make your mark on the future of retail.
Make your Mark!
Metcash is the power behind Australia’s most successful independent retail brands