Title: Commercial Manager HCMT
Company Name: Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs, melbourne
Employment Status: Full Time
Metro moves you around Melbourne.
As the city’s metropolitan rail service, Metro operates 226 six carriage trains across 998 kilometres of track, transporting 450,000 customers each day. We aim to encourage the Melbourne community’s vibrant and ever evolving lifestyles, by providing a seamless transport solution to keep individuals connected.
With 15 lines, 222 stations and services seven days a week, Metro can take you wherever you’re headed across the city, whenever you want to go.
Metro have an exciting newly created role for a Commercial Manager to join our team. This role will be responsible for establishing and managing the key commercial and contractual activities required to support the entry into service of the exciting new High Capacity Metro Trains (HCMTs). This includes documentation management, correspondence, internal and external reporting, contract compliance and contractual claims and variations. This role will be the principal contact for internal and external clients, including the Department of Transport, Evolution Rail and Downer EDI, for all HCMT-related commercial matters.
This role is a 12 month max term contract with the potential for permanency.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Adherence to all legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Acting as the Principal commercial interface with external stakeholders including but not limited to Evolution Rail, Downer and Department of Transport on operational and commercial matters relating to HCMTs
- Management of commercial negotiations, dispute resolution and contractual claims
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to establish the necessary processes and communication channels to ensure a successful integration of HCMTs into MTM’s day-to-day operations
- Ownership of commercial risk registers and key commercial advisor into Change Control processes
- Provision of commercial and contractual advice, support and insights to other internal stakeholders, including up to executive level
- Ensuring that safety of the operating system is not compromised and promote a safety culture within the business.
In order to be successful you will possess the following;
- Degree qualified in Finance, Business, Engineering or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in the introduction and management of major change projects, ideally in an operational environment
- Significant experience in a contract and commercial management
- Highly developed stakeholder engagement and negotiation skills
- Experience working with complex contractual and commercial arrangements
- Ability to interpret and understand complex Operating Procedures and translate to commercial and financial risks
- Ability to apply a safety focus and a willingness to promote a safe working culture
- Ability to collect, analyse and present workplace data and information
- Ability to negotiate, persuade and influence opinions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- All Metro Employees receive a free Myki pass that allows free Public Transport in Victoria
- Metro supports work/life balance with opportunities to work from home on occasion
- Have a great impact on programs that will directly improve Melbourne’s suburban rail network whilst ensuring these developments do not come as a cost to our safe and cost-effective delivery of services
How to apply
Please submit your application by clicking ‘Apply Now’ before 7th April 2021