Title: Corporate Accountant
Company Name: Professional Search Group
Job Location: Australia, Western Australia, Perth, Fremantle & Southern Suburbs, perth
Employment Status: Full Time
Our mining services client who has been offering a dedicated specialisation to its client base for over 30 years is now in growth phase. Located south of Perth CBD, a new opportunity is available for a first time mover from public practice to take their first step into commerce.
Reporting into a CA qualified Finance Manager, this role of Corporate Accountant will encompass the following responsibilities:
- Preparation of timely, accurate Group (Holding Company, subsidiaries, JV) management accounts to agreed deadlines including ensuing all reconciliations completed and reviewed;
- Planning , managing, communicating and co-ordinating month end and year end activities to meet reporting deadlines
- Business intelligence reports and analysis of project performance and key business drivers.
- Preparation of Finance Board pack, and completion of pack within deadlines.
- Preparation of various tax and regulatory compliance for the Group including Business Activity Statements, FBT, Income Tax Return assistance, ABS, payroll tax.
- Actively engaged in the preparation of annual budgets and quarterly re-forecasts for Group entities.
- Leading the year- end audit process with Finance Manager, and liaising with external auditors and ensuring timely provision of information for the audit (audit to be signed off and completed each year by September);
- Assist with the preparation of Statutory Accounts for the Group including tax effect accounting (Stat accounts to be ready for the auditors by early August);
- Preparation of Quarterly and yearly debt covenant reporting and monitoring for the Group.
- Capex, Project, Divisional, Company variance and exceptions – review, analysis, and reporting against KPIs in a timely and accurate manner.
- Partnering with all business units to review business unit performance, and to facilitate/implement process and ERP improvements
- Group treasury including preparation of rolling daily cash flow forecasting
- Liaising with Commercial Manager to ensure DSO and DPO targets met on AR and AP respectively
- Asset register and capex cost monitoring (including cost to complete), component accounting.
- Assisting procurement and maintenance on optimising stock management and maintenance cost controls.
You will be a technically trained, qualified CA Auditor ready to make your first move into commerce. You will be at a Senior Auditor, Assistant Manager or Manager level.
To be considered for this opportunity please apply through Seek.