Title: EXPERIENCED TAX ACCOUNTANT
Company Name: GM HOMES
Job Location: Australia, Queensland, Gold Coast, labrador
Employment Status: Full Time
Here at GM Homes, we are passionate about our purpose: we are a small boutique firm, offering everyday Australians the opportunity and support to successfully invest in the Australian property market.
About the Opportunity:
We have created a new, exciting opportunity for a Tax Accountant to handle the work for our many and varied clientele, as well as managing our internal accounting affairs. You will be required to work with a high degree of autonomy and be able to multi-task and prioritise your workload.
You will be responsible for:
• Preparation of income tax, GST returns, and supporting workpapers for Australian entities (Businesses, Individuals Trusts and Super Funds);
• Preparation of tax-effective accounting strategies and workpapers;
• Establish new policies and procedures;
• Provide assistance to the GM Homes group entities;
• Advising businesses in relation to various taxation matters on an adhoc basis, including indirect taxes such as GST, Payroll etc;
• Preparation of financial statements and Income Tax Returns;
• Preparation of Individual Returns with investment property;
• Advise concerning superannuation tax with our many SMSF clientele;
• Direct client contact - this includes e -meetings, email, telephone and occasional face to face meetings.
To be successful in this role, it would be expected that you have:
• Extensive experience in a professional firm or equivalent experience in commerce;
• Own Tax Agent number/license preferred
• CA / CPA qualification or Master of Taxation, or be working towards completing this qualification;
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting (or equivalent);
• Strong technical research and Excel skills
• Passion about providing best tax and accounting strategies outcomes and advice to clients
• Recent and solid knowledge of Australian Accounting Standards and
taxation legislation (including SIS Act)
• Enjoy speaking with clients
• Genuine interest in your career progression.
You will be a strong communicator, be willing to work collaboratively within a team, whilst proactively and independently with each client.
If you have the ambition, drive and competency to succeed in this role and wish to join an boutique and thriving business, and be part of a healthy working environment, please submit your application including current resume by selecting 'Apply' and following the prompts.
Wages will be commensurate with experience.