Title: Finance Analyst
Company Name: MCG (Aust) Pty Ltd
Job Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs, melbourne
Employment Status: Full Time
Morgan Consulting are very excited to partner with our client Sleeping Duck. Sleeping Duck are an online start-up that is disrupting how people normally purchase beds. Currently leading the way in Australia with a product that people love. CHOICE magazine rated Sleeping Duck #1 in 2018, 2019 AND 2020 - something we're super proud of.
Sleeping Duck are not just changing the way we all buy a mattress, they are kicking closed competitor's doors and making sleep personal and exciting again. Stick to the status quo or be part of a company that's changing the way people sleep!
This role will initially take ownership of financial processes relating to company expenditure - inc. payables, account coding and analysis. There will be a particular focus on “cost of goods sold” and stock valuations which will require a high level of interaction across the business and with external parties.
Over time, responsibilities will increase to include full P&L ownership in terms of accuracy and timely reporting.
- Accountability for accuracy of reported Gross Margin, including recording of accurate Closing Stock for each period
- Maintain accurate SKU unit costs information with supply chain / logistics.
- Maintain Accounts Payables - ensuring suppliers are paid correctly and in a timely fashion, with appropriate controls over payments
- Ensure expenditure is coded correctly within the GL. Liaising with external finance support as required
- Ensure timely close of month end results including preparation of appropriate accruals and journals
- Support as required for project teams and analysis
If you have excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a small team in an autonomous role reporting directly to the CFO, this is an outstanding opportunity for you to join a successful start up and grow with the business. An agile mind and positive attitude are a must, along with the following key skills:
- Accounting knowledge – partially or fully qualified
- Proficient in GSuite, Office and Xero
- Advanced excel skills
- Good knowledge of stock accounting principles
- Confidence to work across the business and challenge the status quo
- 5 years experience in an accounting role
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience using ERP systems
- A degree in accounting or finance
If this sounds like your next career step, please apply as soon as possible by submitting your resume.